• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CCW licensing questions

We are very fortunate. Shall issue state. First time applicants fill out a one-page application at the Sheriffs Office, the SO runs a criminal background check while you stand there, and then your photo is taken. About 90% of applicants go home with their permit ten minutes later. You can pay for up to five years at a time.

No class, no test, no shooting, and no limit to what handgun you can CCW.

Oh John also for fun at home i self tested at 35' with a walther 380 and scored 100%

Unless I am zero'ing sights or something, I usually shoot my handguns at 25 yards onto a 2/3rd (12x20) steel gong.

I went up to our range to shoot a few different handguns at 7 yards and it felt like I should be concerned about leaving powder burns on the target at such a close distance. LOL

I decided to use my new 45 for the shooting portion of the exam.

45 target 001.JPG

Sorry to get a little off track but WOW, I just checked on my CCW that I applied for last Friday and it was approved and issued today.

That's what I call expedited.

And that's the way it should be.

Gun restrictive states such as the one you left recently are notorious for intentionally making things harder and more expensive and time consuming than it should be in hopes that it will be too prohibitive to do.

Here in "Shall Issue" Pennsylvania....

a clean background check from the local Police and $19 at the County Courthouse will get you an LTCF ( License To Carry Firearm ) in 15 minutes or less...renewal every 5 years.

No written or range competency test is required....

And that's the way it should be.

Gun restrictive states such as the one you left recently are notorious for intentionally making things harder and more expensive and time consuming than it should be in hopes that it will be too prohibitive to do.

It's not just the guns. It's bureaucracy run-wild out here. If you wanna pick your nose you need an environmental impact study, in case you flick a booger into a protected wildlife habitat.

Unless I am zero'ing sights or something, I usually shoot my handguns at 25 yards onto a 2/3rd (12x20) steel gong.

I went up to our range to shoot a few different handguns at 7 yards and it felt like I should be concerned about leaving powder burns on the target at such a close distance. LOL

I decided to use my new 45 for the shooting portion of the exam.

View attachment 9890

Solid shooting!

. . . I decided to use my new 45 for the shooting portion of the exam . . .

HehHeh...

I took my motorcycle license test on a hopped up KZ900. (It was my 3rd bike.)

The inspector said: "Run down between the lines and shift up through the gears, then make a circle and come back between the lines, shifting down through the gears."

It was about 50' to the circle, which was not enough reason to shift at all, but I just crossed the forks, stood on the pegs from a dead stop, goosed it a little and went click-click-click with the gearshift while I basically coasted around feathering the clutch.

100% score. :)

Overkill can be such fun, even in the most modest situations. ;)

Doesn't look like John will be doing a class this week after all. He still hasn't called to schedule anything, so I guess it'll be some other time.

Back