• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CDM Gear

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I love the parts I have from CDM Gear! I'd summarize it this way, Rock solid quality construction, value packed! To date no issues after lots of firing, including high velocity slugs. The parts installed quickly and easily and look great!

#1 is an MT Clamp with a 3 slot rail on one side and a QD pushbutton sling swivel on the other side.

39427_1457625115689_1085205913_31080812_1543341_n.jpg

62945_1457624875683_1085205913_31080811_5755644_n.jpg

#2 is EGW's 500/590 receiver mount picatinny rail for late models ('97 and later).

63053_1457626355720_1085205913_31080815_7892093_n.jpg

62248_1457625795706_1085205913_31080814_200890_n.jpg

Thanks man! That MT clamp looks great on your 590. I do not have the EGW rail for one of my Mossbers. I do have one for one of my 870's and I am also very impressed with the quality of it. It is rock solid. I have tried both a Burris Fastfire and Trijicon RMR sight and both sights held their zero with their factory mounts on EGW's rails with no problems. EGW rail is low profile enough and has enough of a groove going down the middle that I can still see my front sight with my red dot removed. However I do feel it important to note that I am running an XS Bigdot front sight on that 870. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.
CF022895.jpg

You know, I think you all down there really need to try out a 590A1! You already have everything else under the sun! Good lookin 870 anyhow. :)

I've been planning on a higher profile bead, as you mentioned, which would allow me to sight through the EGW rail.

Rossignol, I own more than a few Mossberg's including a 590A1, the heavy barrel model just like the one used by the US Military. :)

As for your bead situation. What you could do is change out your bead to a Remington bead and then install an XS sight. Unfortunately I do not think it will be all that much higher profile since Mossberg puts their beads on the barrel and Remington places their beads on a pedestal but in my opinion that is a non-issue because having the XS Bigdot sight is worth it. It is going to give you a nice white outline profile bead sight to see in the day time which is really fast to zero in on. At night you will have a tritium dot which will allow you to see your front sight in low light or no light. In my opinion this is a must have upgrade for any defensive shotgun.

So you do have a 590A1! Same thing I have! Hmm, I'll look into the XS sight, my plan was for a Marbles Big Dot tritium... I'm guessing the barrel needs to be retapped for the Rem bead?

Yes the barrel will need to be retapped for a new bead but it is a fairly simple job any gunsmith could do the job in no time and they shouldn't charge very much at all.

I finally got around to installing my CDM gear MT Clamp with a 3 slot rail on one side and a QD pushbutton sling swivel on my Mossberg 500. My high resolution camera had to be sent in for repairs so I will grab some better pictures when I get it back.

p721111442-4.jpg

p1067250803-4.jpg

Last post was nearly four years ago, but I'm resurrecting this thread anyway because I just received my new CDM Gear MTR clamp!

FROM CDM GEAR:
"The MTR with included 3 slot rail is the latest offering in the MT series of clamps for lights with built in attachment points. This 1.7oz clamp fits in a 1/2" of space so it is perfect for the Mossberg 590A1 and just about any other shotgun with a 25mm magazine tube and room to mount it. This mount can be positioned 2 ways, left, or right, and provides a solid "lock up" around the mag tube. Each position allows for a sling to be used with the included sling mount/hand stop at the bottom. Additionally there is provision for a QD push button sling swivel built right in. Manufacturered from aircraft grade aluminum and hard coat anodized it is a superior mounting solution for those with limited space or under the gun sling mounting requirements. One tool for one bolt is all that is needed to attach and remove the clamp or light in seconds. Fits Mossberg 590A1 Heavy Millspec Barrel and Ithaca Shotgun Magazine Tubes. Not meant for magazine extensions without a clamp."

image.jpg

This is quite a bit different than the MTC I have on my 500 as its a narrower profile and includes a QD socket and option to mount the 3 slot rail on the same side as well as the rail mount on the opposite side. It is also ambidextrous. The bottom of it is slotted to be used as an SAP was designed as a handstop for SBSs.

It fits the heavier magazine tubes of the 590/590A1 and 835, and also Ithaca. For smaller diameter barrels like the 500, a clear spacer made of decal like material is included.

Also included is the 3 slot rail with the mounting screw and allen wrench, though the allen wrench for the mount itself is not.

I mounted mated mine to the 835 without using the spacer and will get some good pics for your viewing pleasure!

So you do have a 590A1! Same thing I have! Hmm, I'll look into the XS sight, my plan was for a Marbles Big Dot tritium... I'm guessing the barrel needs to be retapped for the Rem bead?

XS sights come with the appropriate sized bead needed for the installation. No need to re-tap the barrel, just unscrew the old bead, install the supplied bead and epoxy the XS sight in place with JB Weld.

Sorry to stray off topic. IMHO the CDM Gear BMT is a very high quality piece for a fair price...

Last edited:
Back