• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Centurion UC-9 (UZI)

I do like a good solid cheekweld. I have only one wire folder and its on my Mini, it works for me.......I guess I should say a good cheekweld is key for my on heavy recoiling stuff, 223 I can do wire no problem, I imagine I wouldn't like it if I was trying to go long though.

I just don't care for sheet metal folders.

With that said, I shot another 50 rounds through it today and still no problems.

I was able to take the time to fine tune the front sight and it's zeroed as good as it's going to get now.

Considering that's close to a half a case of ammo without a single malfunction, it's officially in rotation for HD duty now. It's proved itself dependable and accurate enough.

Here was the zero target and a few more rounds after that off hand at 25 yards. It puts them consistently in the black.

Anthony15thBday011_zps9642daf5.jpg

I just don't care for sheet metal folders.

With that said, I shot another 50 rounds through it today and still no problems.

I was able to take the time to fine tune the front sight and it's zeroed as good as it's going to get now.

Considering that's close to a half a case of ammo without a single malfunction, it's officially in rotation for HD duty now. It's proved itself dependable and accurate enough.

Here was the zero target and a few more rounds after that off hand at 25 yards. It puts them consistently in the black.

Anthony15thBday011_zps9642daf5.jpg

way cool, is it your favorite now ?

you know I don't think I ever shot the sheet metal kind, that probably is suckier than the round stock used to make the wire stocks

Thank you nitesite. I've enjoyed doing the topic and glad you enjoyed reading it.

Oli, no I can't say that it's my favorite. Though, I do like shooting it and feel pretty comfortable grabbing it now.

Here is a pic of the back of the stock from the shooters perspective. Trust me, the wood stock is an improvement.

uzifolder006_zps18b8041c.jpg

I figured out the issue why the front sight didnt' have enough elevation adjustment, and replaced it with a new sight.

Instead of grinding the top of the post, which made the front sight fatter and covered up more of the target than I liked, I removed the excess threading on the bottom of the sight and went the other way with it, which honestly I should've done in the first place, but hindsight is 20/20. At least this way, I knew what all of the specific measures needed to be going into it.

While waiting on the new post, I had measured the old front sight height over the top of the receiver before removing it, so I knew that I would be really close to where it needed to be when I installed the new one and the first 3 shots, was shooting correct for the elevation, but a little left of center. The first 2 sight in targets, I was resting my elbow on my tailgate so I could get an honest group.

centurionuzi003_zps411403ef.jpg

so a quick and easy turn slightly left, was hitting closer to center where it should've been.

centurionuzi004_zpsdc15f54c.jpg

And the remaining 16 of the 22 rounds I had in the magazine that I took with me were shot off hand and standing normally. The target was from a traced Styrofoam plate outer ring and a plastic solo cup inner ring for size reference. The gun isn't meant to be a tackdriver, simply to put rounds on target where you need them. To which this little century uzi is doing.

Coincidentally, some of these bullets were Tula, and some were WPA. I'm not convinced that they're not both wolf, but they were in a different box nonetheless.

centurionuzi002_zpsc050a009.jpg

That was just 25 yards, but is the distance I zero all my 9mm carbines at and is on par with what my other ones will do too.

I backed up to 75 yards and could still ring the torso gong off hand using the irons, so considering the caliber, is adequate for being a subgun design I think.

9mmsubguns001_zps7965c18b.jpg

I like the top one....

would be fun to run them all in a chronograph along with a pistol just to see velocity gain especially in your new one

The MP5K is a 5.5 inch barrel. It fires from a closed bolt.

The M10A1 is an 8.5" barrel and fires from an open bolt.

The Uzi is obviously a 16" barrel and fired from the closed bolt.

I can tell the difference in the sound of the gong between the 3 guns using the same bullet through each of them, but in reality, they're all different designs, so that should be expected.

I don't have a chrony, but according to most of what I've read, 115gr through a 16" closed bolt gun are usually between 1350 and 1400 fps depending on the brand.

Yeah for 9mm. If you could find some 90 or 95 gr bullets for them, the Sierra manual I looked at said you could get up to 1650 fps for the 90's.

As I'm sure you know, most modern 9mm is designed with a fast burning powder that burns out in about 5 inches or so of barrel. If you could find some Axis WW2 surplus that was designed for the MP38 and the likes, I wonder if they were purposely loaded hotter for them and is something I've always been curious about but have never been able to find the answer to that.

While the bullet still increases some velocity in the longer barrel(s), there is a point of diminishing return because of the powder used. But gaining a couple hundred fps is still a notable gain.

you could definitely reload for that using a burn rate chart for powder burn rates. Slower pistol powder gives higher velocity then fast powder because it maintains bore pressure longer and continues to accelerate the bullet longer.....AA#7 or some other slow 9mm recommended powder would probably be awesome

Long as it doesn't exceed saami chamber pressure max, it should be fine to shoot in it.

Being Israeli I would bet its good for more because all their ammo is hot as it gets, I bet IMI is pushing +p+...... but one shouldn't toy around unless they know what they are doing and are willing to pay the consequence

AA#7 was designed for the 9mm. Probably for the original Uzi full auto barrel. I did find one load for the 124 gr bullet and AA#9 powder. Going to try it when I get my Glock magazine AR15 up and running.

Velocity in 16 inch barrels seems to vary quite a bit between guns. Out of a Marlin carbine, I clocked the WW White Box 115 gr at 1220 fps. The CorBon 115 gr load went 1440 fps. I recently saw a report on the Guard Dog 105 gr from a carbine and it went 1890 fps. Most loads only pick up about 150 fps or so. You will have to check yours for best results. I think the carbines give any expanding bullet enough speed to work properly.

The Israeli ammo with black painted tips is suppose to be the hot loads, and the blue tips are subsonic 158 gr, IIRC.

Nice job on the stock. Looks great. Can you quick detach it? Looks like there is a lever for it.

Last edited:
Ironhead, it does have the quick detach button on it, however, the tech branch decided that the uzi overall length is measured with the stock extended, and the quick detach stocks have been prohibited for violation of NFA laws (short barrel rifle) UNLESS you have to use a tool to remove them. (essentially make them not be able to be quickly detached). The same way some guns are still legal in Kali due to the use of a bullet button (tool).

Since I converted this wood stock to be able to be used on the gun, I have to use 3 different tools to remove it (allen wrench, straight screwdriver and 4way screwdriver) so mine has all of the bases covered since it's not "readily" able to be removed by the press of a button. Actually more tools are needed to remove the wooden stock now than the folding stock that came on the gun. And just for giggles, I removed the barrel before exchanging the stock so it was stripped down as far as possible while I was doing the work to it.

While yes, it's stupid, it is what it is. More information about the stock itself is in post #7 on the 1st page.

I have a few boxes of 158 gr Prvi, but none are paint marked.

Back