1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Cheap gas

Discussion in 'Work Safe' started by meanstreak, Apr 16, 2020.

1. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

How much is gas in your area presently ? I paid $1.12 for regular at Sam's Tuesday. Most of the name brands here are about $1.35 for regular.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I haven't bought any gas in a few weeks, but the last I saw was $1.55 gal. I'll have to check tomorrow when I go out.

The Russians and towel heads are having a price war. It's good for consumers, but it's hurting American producers because we can't produce it as cheap as they can.
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

$1.69 for regular 10% ethanol.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Last time I bought Premium (what my car needs/likes), it was less than $2 a gallon...
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

A dollar more in Cal. . . . $2.47 for 91 octane at our local station.

under $2 for 87 octane at the chithole way across town
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

It was a $1.14 at Kroger this morning, if I had max fuel points I could have filled up for $0.14 a gallon.
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. John A.

I looked today. Still $1.55 here and that's usually about a nickel higher than many other gas stations locally. I can go to pilot at the next county over and usually save .30C a gallon over what I usually pay here at home. But I don't want to go through a 1/4 tank of gas just to save $8 either LOL
    meanstreak likes this.
  8. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

TN: $1.419
    I heard on the radio that Wisconsin was below $1. Can anyone confirm that?
    meanstreak likes this.
  9. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

diesel here $3 and up
    meanstreak likes this.
  10. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

I bought 100% pure gasoline 91-Octane today for $2.09
    meanstreak and MikeD like this.
  11. John A.

meanstreak likes this.
  12. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

US and world consumption is wy down with people not working, factories closed, etc.
    meanstreak likes this.
  13. hombre243

hombre243 20g Elite Member

Last prices I saw were about 3-4 weeks ago. In the $1.26/gal range. I have been living on home delivery a lot. Dewitt and Clinton Iowa area is where I live. Lowest prices are at the stations in Davenport IA that are run by the middle eastern families.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    meanstreak likes this.
  14. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

I really appreciate the price updates. I'd like to see locations too.
    Today:
    Hamilton County, TN $1389
    meanstreak likes this.
  15. cmcdonald

cmcdonald Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

We were all heading into the toilet before this pandemic really broke. Forecasts were calling for a major recession or even a depression back in Dec/Jan.

I find it more than curious where we’re at right now with the GARGANTUAN amounts of money (debt) our governments are doling out and the very little said about our actual trajectory. I say OUR because the US and Canadian economies are inextricably linked.

Epidemiologists and economists both have been blowing the whistle in their respective areas to deaf ears for quite a long time.

Sorry didn’t mean to derail things here......
    meanstreak and John A. like this.
  16. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

I had a financial channel on the tv when I noticed that the crude prices came across
    and the bottom of the screen it said something like
    CHANGE -250.33%

upload_2020-4-21_1-55-26.png
    So I said out loud to my wife [who probably was not listening to me] "That's impossible... the price would have to be less than zero to lose over 100%. I'd love to have a contract for an asset they PAID ME to take."

I've bought and sold options and commodity contracts in the past and I had never seen anything like this before.

Then I started thinking about what I learned on the farm 60 years ago... if you buy a contract for wheat then you get wheat. If you don't want the damned wheat you better sell the contract to somebody that does.

So even tho' I would have somebody paying me to take their oil, I'd have to do something with it... and transportation, storage and distribution ain't free.

This upsidedown world is still hard for me to get my head around. I'm still dizzy. [Which is probably why my wife doesn't listen to me.]
  17. meanstreak

I saw regular priced at $1.29 at a Sinclair station near me in Tulsa yesterday. Who knows where it might be today.

I also saw on a financial channel that the drop in the prices was for May contracts, but June contracts were over $20 per barrel. Go figure.
    cmcdonald likes this.
  18. imcnok

imcnok .410

Yesterday I paid $2.48 for premium....that's New York For ya.
    meanstreak likes this.
  19. meanstreak

Imagine what the price would be if state gasoline taxes decreased proportionately as the oil companies lowered their prices.
  20. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

Today in Hixton TN Citgo $0.999.
    meanstreak likes this.