• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cheap gas

BB135Yzm.jpg

When I was working 2nd shift at a local gas station around 1994, it was around .85 a gallon. Once it topped $1 a gallon, people fussed at me like it was my fault and was the end of the world.

John, I was in Nebeaska in the 90s. At the time we had the 5th highest state gas tax in the nation which kept our prices higher than surrounding states.

As soon as things get going we will see states clamoring to raise taxes on gasoline due to so little being used now. The politicians are always looking for a way to gouge us.

Yeah, no doubt. It's not like we don't pay enough taxes already. You can't even flush the toilet without having to pay an excise tax on your water and your sewer bill.

Sam's Club in Tulsa was selling regular for 97/9 yesterday. I haven't been past Costco, but I imagine they are the same. The other stations in town are mostly right at a buck 30 for regular.

Since most of our gasoline price is taxes to the state and federal government our price hasn’t gone down so much.

In our neighborhood the prices are still around $2.50 to $2.75.

Back