1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Chest rigs

Discussion in 'Bags, Gear And Load-Outs' started by TheRude1, Aug 29, 2021.

1. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

I looked around and may have missed this topic. If this is a duplicate sorry, if not we'll here we go.
    meanstreak likes this.
  2. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

So I'll start. IMG_20210829_124200301.jpg
    fellmann, Bobster and meanstreak like this.
  3. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

Just started my shotgun rig. Need to get to the property to fiddle around with it to see what I need to change. IMG_20210829_124900492.jpg
    fellmann, Bobster and meanstreak like this.
  4. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

Nice set up. I don't have one, and I don't have a good excuse.
    Water Monkey likes this.
  5. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

For years I went with surplus,Rothco or Condor and made it threw. But the 5.11 Tac Pro is unbelievably comfortable compared to the rest. $.02. But work has been crazy for the entire year and had several months of 55--70hr weeks and that helped.
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Mine is a condor plate carrier.

Thick foam padding and AR500 steel plates on front and back

Several SMG mag pouches. And medical pouch (stop leak, etc) and a mag dump pouch on the side.

Weighs about as much as a 1978 winnebago.
    meanstreak and TheRude1 like this.
  7. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

I went with the Vizm plates, both weight what 1 AR Plate does. Just hope we never need them!
    meanstreak and John A. like this.
  8. nitesite

nitesite Average Guy Moderator "Philanthropist"

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    TheRude1 and meanstreak like this.
  9. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

Thanks, ref the para cord the fewer thing I have to snag the better($.02) and yes the strongarm is my preferred fixed blade, are there better? YES but for the $ it's a dang good knife. BUIS ?? Ya got me on that one. Otherwise I'll show what I have cause it is not a crime (yet)
    meanstreak likes this.
  10. nitesite

nitesite Average Guy Moderator "Philanthropist"

Back-Up Iron Sight (flips up in case your red dot optic goes down.
    meanstreak likes this.
  11. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

Carry handle and Magpul MBUS flip up. The post to me is a little thin so I fattened up a pinch with some electrical shrink rap.
    meanstreak likes this.
  12. S.R. Crawford

S.R. Crawford .270 WIN

Just saw this, guess I'll throw my hat into the ring.

IMG_20210816_160913.jpg

This is my current setup, based on Rhodesian-style vests. I actually haven't had a chance to run this gear yet but it's replaced my old web gear setup as I wasn't satisfied with it for long term comfort. Too many straps that moved around and my IFAK pulled everything down in the back. This is much better.

It's a Condor MCR with Eagle Industries double magazine pouches, a USMC IFAK carrier, and a VTAC Shotgun Pouch. I added the admin pouch with paracord. The compass pouch on the shoulder (Eagle Industries single grenade pouch) is a bit of a holdover from the M1956 that I couldn't resist. There's lot of the same stuff I had on my web belt but I did away with a lot of things that didn't need to be a part of the fighting load; hydration has been moved to my pack and my knife is now on my pants belt. This also gives me the option of using different sidearms and holsters without changing my gear if I ever do get a pistol.

I usually run it with the ammo pouches closed to avoid snagging, I opened them for the picture to show off the contents. Four Esstac 7rd shot cards with surplus 00 buck. Someday I might leave the pouches open and use the velcro to hold four more cards but I don't have that many right now.

Updated Pic:

IMG_20211030_133802.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    TheRude1 and fellmann like this.
  13. fellmann

fellmann Esoteric Supporter Premier Member

Double as in one pouch that holds two mags or as in double single mag pouch ? :D
    S.R. Crawford likes this.
  14. S.R. Crawford

S.R. Crawford .270 WIN

Both actually, each is two pouches that hold two magazines each. Pretty much just a normal milspec ammo pouch.

DOUBLE-M14-MAG-POUCH-ODGREEN-2F.jpg
    fellmann likes this.
  15. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

Condor double pouch with the elastic cords removed. The 12ga are a bit firm but thinking it will work. Not gonna just fall out but when the adrenaline is at 127% they will come right out. condor_MA44_multicam-2.jpg
    fellmann likes this.
  16. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

Ok ok it's the wrong pic but you get the point.
    fellmann likes this.
  17. S.R. Crawford

S.R. Crawford .270 WIN

Have a few updates on my setup. I've had a camelbak that's been leaking for years now so I haven't really used it. Pulled it out the other day to find out it's only because the hose had unscrewed about 1/4 of a turn. Tightened it back up and it's good to go.
    I found an old MOLLE hydration carrier that I think I got for airsoft in high school. Since my MCR is pretty similar to an RRV I was able to attach it with very little hassle. It disconnects from the clips on the shoulders so I can take it off very quickly if I need to wear a pack, my pack has canteens on it so I wouldn't be losing all my water this way.

I also decided on a different use for the five-shot card on my admin pouch, it seemed like the perfect place to hold some alternate loads. Since I have the rig loaded up with buckshot currently I put five slugs in it. Personally I'm starting to prefer slugs for the type of situations this rig is for so once the buckshot runs out I'll probably fill it all back up with those.

ChestRigCurrent.jpg

Edit: updated pic
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021 at 5:05 PM
    TheRude1 and fellmann like this.
  18. fellmann

fellmann Esoteric Supporter Premier Member

Nice and slick setup :thumbsup:
  19. TheRude1

TheRude1 .270 WIN

I leave my tube at least a half turn out to save the O-ring. Just have to remember to tighten it up when needed, guessing I have time to fill it I have time to tighten it. If I have to throw and go I have 3 of the small bags of water in the corner of a pouch if needed till I have a few to get the bladder filled. Nice rig!
  20. S.R. Crawford

S.R. Crawford .270 WIN

You're talking about those little packets of "emergency water" right? I like that idea, I might pick some up too.