• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

cleaning the 702

i just bought a 702, how often do i need to clean?, and do i need to take it apart each time? i have a bolt action savage and its easy to clean, seems like the 702 may be a pain to take apart to clean, but i haven't owned one so i don't know. i love the gun but just wonder if the low cost is worth the trade off if its hard to keep clean, also how much oil inside to keep it running? sorry if it sounds like i'm new to guns, i'm not i've been shooting and hunting over 30yrs. but all my guns have been single shots or bolt guns. thanks

semiautos, no matter what brand or cost, require a bit more maintenance/cleaning. i clean every one of my guns after each use, irregardless of what type of action it has. so other than taking a little longer, it's no different. i consider cleaning a necessary evil. i learned a long time ago with my atv. cleaning after every ride, not only keeps it in better shape, but gives you a chance to inspect for damage so you can get it repaired before it becomes a problem.

Back