• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CMP Special Grade

Oh man, I’m jelly dude. NOW you can save big bucks if you reload. Considerable more savings if you end up shooting it a lot…..or you’ll be able to shoot more but usually with .243 and up you usually save a bunch for top shelf rounds

Awesome. Love the '06. I can't wait to see it so I can image what you're feeling.

Mine took exactly 3 months from the time the order was received to the day it was billed (shipped and arrived a couple days later), and that was 2 years ago. Put your order in at their e-store for ammo and en-bloc clips while your at it, might as well have her ready to go when she gets to ya!

Thanks guys... I'm pretty good on waiting for something like this. Picked up some ammo locally it seems Privi Partizan makes .30-06 Garand ammo much cheaper than American Eagle. Plus I put an order in CMP for some Greek surplus and 25 enbloc clips. Reloading I have no room especially with my baby girl coming to us in 4 months. But I am saving brass... one step at a time.

I can already see it..... 4 months from now:

Mrs. Water Monkey: "HONNNNEEYYY.... I think its time... she's on her way?!"
Water Monkey: "Ummmm... can we just hold off on this for a little longer? The FedEx truck hasn't arrived yet...:D"

I can already see it..... 4 months from now:

Mrs. Water Monkey: "HONNNNEEYYY.... I think its time... she's on her way?!"
Water Monkey: "Ummmm... can we just hold off on this for a little longer? The FedEx truck hasn't arrived yet...:D"
And then the fight started LOL.... I'd be a dead man.

That

is

AWESOME!!!!

I have walked the CMP-South showroom in Anniston, AL and bought some stuff there. It can be a real treat.

Congrats.

Awesome.

I know how hard it is to wait on something you've wanted for as long as you can remember. But I'm tagging for updates. Sounds like it's going to be a really good gun.

Awesome.

I know how hard it is to wait on something you've wanted for as long as you can remember. But I'm tagging for updates. Sounds like it's going to be a really good gun.
Ya. I'm probably going to get some ting oil hit up the stock. Excited!!!

I'm very happy for you WM! Let me guess that 30 minutes after opening the package you will be able to field strip and reassemble blind folded in 48 seconds.

Enjoy.

Ping!!!!

They must be catching up. When I placed an order I got an email saying up to 180 days. Was way shorter, though.

Something of interest I found (maybe here on MO) for those concerned about shooting commercial grade ammo thru an M-1. The big concern is the over-pressure in the gas system. Garandgear.com carries a simple gas plug replacement that increases only the gas chamber a few cc's. I have not yet installed it but look forward to shooting it soon. I have a bunch of -06 ammo and didn't want to spend more.

http://www.garandgear.com/ported-gas-plug.html

Enjoy it, Water Monkey!!!

They must be catching up. When I placed an order I got an email saying up to 180 days. Was way shorter, though.

Something of interest I found (maybe here on MO) for those concerned about shooting commercial grade ammo thru an M-1. The big concern is the over-pressure in the gas system. Garandgear.com carries a simple gas plug replacement that increases only the gas chamber a few cc's. I have not yet installed it but look forward to shooting it soon. I have a bunch of -06 ammo and didn't want to spend more.

http://www.garandgear.com/ported-gas-plug.html

Enjoy it, Water Monkey!!!
Yes saw that. Prob is you can't attach the bayonet. If I run into an issue with finding ammo I would use that gas plug. But I did a lot of reading and it seems most commercial ammo pressure is well within acceptable pressure for the op rod. According to Garand gear.

IMR-4895 and a correct bullet.

IMR-4064 also has the right "burn" for gas port pressure if you go heavy bullets.

GTG on the gas port/op-rod as far as burn times and port pressure if you have things maxed out..

If you have any doubts, shoot mil-spec ammo thru a Garand.

But Hell, I've done well with other powders many times in a Garand by downloading to save the op-rod. Avoid .30-06 commercial ammo with really light bullets. Too much powder at the gas port.

Congrats!
I bought a Schuster adjustable gas plug for my Garand, just in case.
Every once in a while I see CMP M2 ball available, but reload in is a great option, I have a jug of IMR-4895, I just need to locate more projectiles :)

Mine! Linked below.

M1 Garand

Back