• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CMP Special Grade

You know you live in Free America / Gun Country when the high school football team sells raffle tickets for an M4 carbine. My son's team did just that!!!

Matter of fact the drawing is this Friday during the game!!!!!!!
that's cool, they do that here too, the last one was during the panic and I want to say they raised up 8 or 9 grand in 2 weeks....came with ammo too

LOL, no way dude....awesome, get it on video
lol I'm playing the birthday card and the fact that I've put in stupid time at work (70+ hr weeks). Would you really want to see a Preggo Italian beat down a white Hispanic? don't answer that ;)

You know you live in Free America / Gun Country when the high school football team sells raffle tickets for an M4 carbine. My son's team did just that!!!

Matter of fact the drawing is this Friday during the game!!!!!!!
'Merica like a mofo.

What about ammo...!?

I've been using the Frankford Arsenal (FA), the Lake City (LC), the Greek (HXP), and Korean (PS) headstamped Caliber .30 Ball M2 150 grain as well as the newer manufactured Federal American Eagle 150 grain FMJ.

The Korean (KA) headstamped stuff is mildy corrosive...but can be used if you clean the M1 afterwards.

Typical military loadings will include: Armor-piercing (AP), AP-Incendiary, Ball, Blank, Dummy, Gallery, High Pressure Test, Incendiary, and Tracer. Many of these will be identified by colored bullet tips. The following is a list of commonly found colored bullet tips on .30-06.
  • Black: AP
  • Black/Silver: AP Plate Test
  • Blue: Incendiary (also tracer from Argentina)
  • Green: AP from UK, Tracer from Argentina
  • Green/White: Frangible
  • Green/Tan: Frangible
  • Orange: Tracer
  • Red: Tracer (also some Incendiary from UK, and AP from Argentina)
  • Silver: Armor-piercing Incendiary
  • White: Tracer, unfinished Frangible,
  • Yellow: Observation and Proof rounds (AP from Belgium)

Be warned that there are exceptions and, in addition, be aware of the WWII habit of dipping the tips of ordinary cartridges into paint to mark targets. For the latter, look out for thick or unevenly applied paint that is flaking off.

What about ammo...!?

I've been using the Frankford Arsenal (FA), the Lake City (LC), the Greek (HXP), and Korean (PS) headstamped Caliber .30 Ball M2 150 grain as well as the newer manufactured Federal American Eagle 150 grain FMJ.

The Korean (KA) headstamped stuff is mildy corrosive...but can be used if you clean the M1 afterwards.
I have 200 rds of Greek HXP I have waiting for me at my FFL dealer and I have some Privi Partizan M1 Garand Ammo new manufacture I picked up at a local gun store a month ago.

I am really excited for you WM. I should have my own by now cuz it is such a perfect battle rifle, but I don't, so I will live vicariously thru your experience!!!

I am really excited for you WM. I should have my own by now cuz it is such a perfect battle rifle, but I don't, so I will live vicariously thru your experience!!!

You keep talkin' about being close to Anniston... why haven't puckered up and get yourself one yet? Be part of the club... you know you want to! Could just sell one of those Aimpoints you know...;)

Would you take one off my hands so I could get an M1 Garand?

Anniston (CMP South) is about ninety minutes away and I could walk out with a pretty nice rifle in just a few minutes.

Stop tempting me!!!!!!!

I think any of us would like a Garand.

I don't have one simply because there are no ranges here and I'm not driving for hours to join a shooting club that I have no intention of ever shooting at.

I think any of us would like a Garand.

I don't have one simply because there are no ranges here and I'm not driving for hours to join a shooting club that I have no intention of ever shooting at.
Fwiw you can join a club online for $25. That's what I did.

Back