• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CMP Special Grade

A little status update on the Garand:

Picked up a white grease pencil from garandgear.com and filled in the stampings… looks so sweet and so much easier to read the dials:

15475738719_e23aeee229.jpg

15476224478_f92effb8c6.jpg

Also picked up gunny paste (micro crystalline finishing wax) and put 2 coats on it over the weekend. Pretty easy to apply… takes some elbow grease to buff once it dries. I think this girl is ready to rock… next is range time for the zero (hopefully a nice calm day will correlate to my schedule soon).

I want to shoot it first before you do. Please wait until I can get up your way and then I'll hand it over to you after the first 'ping'.............

I want to shoot it first before you do. Please wait until I can get up your way and then I'll hand it over to you after the first 'ping'.............
LMAO… and I'll quote Ben Stiller from Meet the Parents, "You'll have to pry it from my kung fu grip"

So I guess I'm looking at a lost opportunity to be the first to shoot a full enbloc clip from your Garand????

Dammit

Don't know. All of my old Ammo that I bought on Garand clips was Egyptian. It was good stuff. I shot it all up in a Remington 7400 and gave my old friend Tom all of the clips and the bandolier years ago.

I was mainly pointing it out for you because of the clips.

Any pics of the stock after the wax? I'm curious if I NEED it or not.
visually not much of a difference at all. texture it gives it a bit of grip to it but it's smooth and the cheek weld is fine. I'll take a pic tomorrow for you but you won't be able to tell the difference. I wanted it because I'll be taking her out in all types of weather so I wanted to protect the wood a bit better than the linseed oil stock it came with.

Sounds good, if there isn't much difference in appearance, pics aren't needed, thank you.
I may look into some for the weatherproofing though.

WM~

MidwayUSA is advertising PrviPartisan .30-06 Springfield For Rifle M1 Garand ammo for $14.99 a box!!!!!!!

Replied via PM.... Midway wont ship ammo to NY anymore. Most big box stores put NY on the black list.

looking at the weather and my schedule…. high probability I'm taking her out on her maiden voyage this Sunday for Zero!!!

Gonna have to hold off I have a good amount. Baby doctor bill is at $900. Thanks Obama.

Wow, can't believe I missed delivery on this. Looks great. That is one nice looking rifle. Congrats!!

Many different style Enfields made,,,,,,,USA ,UK, Ireland,,,,

View attachment 6784

That gun looks familiar. I've been hunting with one for the last 30 years. My barrel has been cut, the stock shortened a but and the rear sight has been ground off. It was done long before I took possession of it but it's still a great shooting gun.

Back