• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CMP Special Grade

in the plans... Still trying to sell Tennessee to the wife. Not sure why she's against it... not like she's paying for it... ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh You tell her that I'll deny it with a straight face.

I also had a hard time trying to get the Mrs. to move. Finally got her to go after her brother and the rest of the clan are moving also.

I think it's something about"change" with the women.???:rolleyes:

in the plans... Still trying to sell Tennessee to the wife. Not sure why she's against it... not like she's paying for it... ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

It was easy for me.

Before we moved to TN from Texas I just looked my wife straight in the face and told her, "I'm going. Are you coming too?"

You tell her that I'll deny it with a straight face.

*** same disclaimer applies for me... ;)

Very nasty squib followed by a NASTY out of battery kaboom.

Watch the female shooter.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Wow! That's ugly! My first thought is always "reloads" when I see something like that....I wonder what the details are???

I've never put anything but the Greek HXP through mine. Would love to get my hands on some of the surplus Danish 30-06 CMP used to sell but it's apparently long gone.
m1hracorrect006.jpg

I've put about 60 rounds of prvi partizan m1 Garand specific 30-06. Groupings are decent. I also have Greek surplus which groups about the same.

Hit the range today at 28*F no wind.

Some targets from today:

15884555896_402dea0477.jpg

100 yards
top was Prvi Partizan 150gr M1 Garand ammo (8 round clip)
bottom was Greek HXP 150gr M2 Ball ammo (8 round clip)

I've zeroed in at 10 clicks up on the Prvi ammo wanted to see the results from both of them together.

15909702742_2d683843fd.jpg

200 yards bench rest with the Prvi Partizan ammo on a 12" target. I was actually impressed that 17/20 rounds hit the target considering it was a black blob to me at 200 yards and I just aimed at the middle the best I could. I will be ordering a 10x10" steel plate to shoot at 200 yards and I am confident with this ammo it will hit consistently.

15909702482_be0929f508.jpg

200 yards Greek HXP ammo bench rest. Kinda disappointed with this ammo. I put a green 6" target over it so I could spot the middle easier and I aimed dead center. Thought it would be a bit closer. 24 rounds (3 clips used). I have probably over 100 rounds left so I'll finish them off and then focus on the Prvi going forward (Considering buying locally is more cost effective than buying surplus due to the SAFE Act law of a FFL transfer and fees).

Hmmmm.... might be time to start thinkin about reloading. 30-06 would be a fun load to work with.

I'm sure it would be fun. But I have no space to reload at the moment. But I am saving brass for the future.

shipping confirmation on the 10" steel plate from shoot steel.com ... going to ring it hopefully before Christmas. I'm not 100% satisfied with my 100 yard zero I'm going to hit the 100 yard line again before I shoot the steel at 200.

I'd love to have a torso but getting that by the RO to hang it would probably be pressing my luck. I have a 4" gong that I can nail religiously with my MVP at 200 yards and now I'll have a 10" to play with the Garand at 200 and the MVP at 300.

It's taken thousands of hits this year and not so much as a single dent.

Wow you’re lucky…..or you shoot 99% pistol rounds
AR 500 does give up, this is what they usually look like when thousands have been put on them, its real obvious when they have been pounded enough , one day they start showing dimples out of the blue…..
[/URL
]
[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/Bucket2/IMG_1155_zpsee917738.jpg.html][/URL
]
This is bout 1000 rounds worth of shrapnel, same stand as above. I tried sheet metal to lessen the damage as this WAS my third set of stands, they lasted a little longer
[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/Bucket2/IMG_0093_zps0246076f.jpg.html][/URL
]
[URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/Bucket2/IMG_0092_zps166771bb.jpg.html]
[/URL][/URL][/URL]

You are correct, I have shot mostly 9mm at high rates of speed at it.

Back