• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CMP Special Grade

http://shootingtargets7.com/ are the targets I use and I put about 1000+ rounds onto one with 62gr ss109 ammo at 75-100 yards and it only has mild dimples on the surface. The rest of it has been pistol ammo.

wow Oli, ive got a full torso of 3/8 AR500 hanging on my range that belongs to a buddy. probably have at or near 1000 rifle rounds of .223, 7.62, .308. 12 gauge slug, 7.62x54R, and .22-250. and maybe 6-800 pistol rounds. only dents are from 12 gauge slug at 30 yards. and .22-250 from 200 yards. its got quite a few pock marks that we can't figure out what caused them. theyre not craters, more just the opposite. a tiny little spire poking outwards. from the number of them it had to be semi-auto rifle rounds. i know for certain ive not shot any steel core semi auto at it. and neither has he. I guess i should also mention all our rifle shooting is from 1-200 yards. and as mentioned, the spatter will chew up wood very fast.

My gongs didn't dimple for years and I usually have a lot of company with rifles .
They have taken most the rounds 556,762x39 and 308, 12g slugs and Buck between 20 to 100 yards, use them for "training " like shooting. "Fast" and not so muched aimed, just enough to make it ring and move to the next one
06,243,270,300 win mag,338 win mag 100 to 200 yards....... Everything beyond that goes on paper because its all about the grouping with scoped high power rifles, my AR and an AR10.
Only 855 that have been put on mine have been a total accident a couple badass X39's hurt them a little too but most good way to ruin expensive targets. My gongs are AR500 done right, water jet and all so another vendor wont make a difference.
Most those dimples are from 55gr FMJ at NATO speed .....just started doing it one day

Just recently hit one with a 308 and broke an ear right off , turned it into a static target and when I hit the broken edge with a big angle grinder I didnt thing it was going to grind it down at first, took an entire disk to grind a 1/4 inch of material....wow

Last edited:
Oli, your round count is probably in the tens-of-thousands range. And its understandable that they finally give up. I presume you flipped yours around occasionally?

15976765832_8964b476a5_c.jpg
15976765692_dcdfcb72ba_c.jpg

Happy birthday to me ;)

Just finished cleaning all that damn gunk out of the inside of the Bayo. Took literally 1/2 hour whatever they used to preserve it was on THICK. Even with a degreaser. All oiled up and now ready to rock.

Out of curiosity… how do you wear the sheath? I can't find any how to's on the inter webs.

Back