• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Come and Talk to Me.

raven01750

.270 WIN
Mr/Mrs Politician.

I would like to ask that you stand up for the safety of all Americans if it makes sense. Today, you have been asked to consider banning all kinds of Firearms from "Law Abiding" citizens in the name of Public Safety. I say that Public Safety would be better served if you took the time to look at what is truly dangerous to society as a whole.

Are firearms dangerous? Yes. In the hands of a statistically small percentage of people, i.e. the mentally ill, the very angry people who have a hard time controlling their emotions and people who feel like they are completely without power.

Why else would a 16 year old want to shoot someone who is constantly and on a daily basis harassing, frightening and humiliating them with no possible recourse or sense of hope?

Do some of these people use guns to exact revenge? Yes. Why? Because they are mentally ill, angry to the point of loss of control or just feel the need to take back whatever power than can recover to feel that their lives are worth living. Some of these very same people would by most peoples definition even be considered evil and want to hurt others just because they can. I personally would consider these people mentally ill because I can't believe that anyone in their right mind would want to do such a thing!

But what about things like alcohol? According to information available to everyone with a computer, over 16,000 people are killed each year in a driving while intoxicated incident. And that doesn't include all of the people who are maimed or the fortunate ones who are able to walk away. That's almost twice as many people killed each year by Firearms. Twice! To put it into clearer perspective. Someone is killed approximately every two minutes by a drunk driver. Mothers. Fathers. Sisters and Brothers. Nieces and Nephews, Uncles and Aunts. Friends and acquaintances. And Yes. Even the innocent.

Firearms don't even compare.

But the "lawful" gun owners of this country get berated by the press and by politicians and people who are afraid for their children, themselves, friends and loved ones for something that can absolutely be terrible, but not as terrible as the things that happen everyday that they aren't made aware of.

I submit that you ask the "American People" if they would like their car equipped with a breathalyzer that they have to blow in before they start their own car. Everyone! Including those who would never consider drinking and driving even, so that we can all feel safer as well as our children, our friends and loved ones.

When you pass that bill, come and talk to me. A responsible, lawful gun owner...

Then I will say to look at the disenfranchised youth of America. Help those without jobs and education who turn to gangs thinking that's the way for them to get respect instead of earning respect through hard work and accomplishment. The other small group of people who use firearms to do harm.

After that, come and talk to me. A responsible, lawful gun owner...

Talk to me as a Law Abiding Citizen who is guaranteed the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States. Someone who would never consider using my LAWFULLY owned firearms for anything other than sport and recreation, self protection or come to the Aid of my Country if asked. Ask me then to give up my RIGHT to own a firearm.

Until then, think carefully as to what you are truly trying to do. Because the ramification may end up being a lot different than what you thought they were when you started this talk of taking legally purchased Firearms away from Law Abiding Citizens.

Sincerely

Sincerely...Truth be spoken here.

Back