• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Compound Bow Accessories

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Have any questions about Compound Bow Accessories? What do you like to use? Let's see some pics and discussion...

Just left BassPro a little while ago and picked up a few things to make my own homemade quiver backpack. Will be using a hydration pack that will still remain functional for it's intended use and a re-purposed bow mounted quiver.

I'll post an update later on with before and after pics...

OOOOOooooooo another DIY project......

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Yes Sir!

I've seen a few packs available on-line, but they are all a bit pricey. Just figured I could make one to suit my needs for well under the retail price. The hydration pack I found is done in RealTree AP and my bow is RealTree APG HDII. The camo is very close to a match and should make a pretty nice set-up once it's all put together...

I have a Diamond Razors Edge, set for 55#, shooting Rage Broadheads on the Easton Axis FMJ arrows. Have Fire Wire 5 sights (highly recommend) Limbsaver stab, and the Rage Cage quiver. Light, Compact, and damn near silent. Even had a few Mathews owners buy one after seeing mine at the range. :) I'll try to get a pic or 2 tomorrow.

Forgot to put 25.5 DL and 26" arrows :) these arrows hit like a sledge hammer!

The Fire Wire sight REALLY makes it easier for a moving target since the sight picture in there is more open. And with the G5 light is crazy bright in low light conditions.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368048284.957799.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368048284.957799.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,486
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368048328.910611.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368048328.910611.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,486
Nice. I like that sight. Is the sight bright without being too bright? I put a light on mine but the LED is TOO bright, so much so that it's hard to see past the insanely bright fiber optics.

No not too bright, most of the time I don't even need the light. But better to have it and not need it. Early morning before the sun has broken the horizon, they are already glowing.

Got my pack put together this afternoon. I can carry six arrows in quiver on my bow, but wanted a way to carry extra arrows without having to use one of those noisy belt quivers or shell out the cash for one of the expensive quiver packs I've seen out there. Figured I could repurpose a few items to accomplish my goal.

My Bear Legion is in done Realtree APG HD...

Here's the hydration pack I found at BassPro done in Realtree AP HD...

Picked up this cheap quiver...

...it fits snugly down into the pack and after cinching down the pack's adjustment straps the rest of my arrows are held firm at the ready...

With a quick pull toward my shoulders, the arrows easily break free and the quiver doesn't move at all. The set-up is super quiet with no rattle and the best part is that it required no modification or any of the components. There are several pockets for my release and other gear as well as an insulated 2.0 liter hydration bladder. Not a bad set-up considering I only put about $50 into it...

Looks like a nice setup. I agree having the arrows mounted to my bow is a pain. Yes, they are easy to get to but it seems everything tries to get to them...branches, vines, thorn bushes, etc. Might have to try your setup.

I'm going to change up a bit this coming season...going to use a ground blind for the first time along with my treestand. Maybe it will confuse them four legged critters...

Spent about 4 hours cleaning up our Field course then tried to shoot some. Right forearm started cramping up after about 20 arrows. Probably from swinging a chainsaw, weed eater with hedge trimmer attachment, pushing a self propelled lawnmower up and down hills...club just purchased a new DR Bush Hog but it was like a swamp out there today. No need to bury it the first time out...

Thank you Sir.

I'm lookin forward to seeing what you put together. Keep us posted on how that ground blind works out for you when you get out...

Our club's property has a diverse tree population. Not all of them will support a stand. I see a lot of deer moving across about 40-50 yds from me. But there are no trees to place a stand. But there is a lot of brush to bury a blind in just off the trails. We are bowhunting only on about 75 acres. And I'm the only one in that corner right now. We'll see...missed an opportunity on a nice 8 pt (no shot since I had just sat down and the bow was behind me) and missed a doe (thought see was 20 when she was 27 yds...held at full draw for about 2 mins cause she came out facing me). I was shaking like a leaf after holding that long. LOL...

Just got my new PSE Stinger !

7u5evyda.jpg

I will be selling my Diamond Razors Edge, if anyone here is interested it will be available bare bow or with accessories. PM me any questions or offers. :)

Back