• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Compound Bow: Pics and Discussion

LES, welcome again to the archery-world. ;)
I hope to see some good pictures of your equipment very soon.Shooting arrows with a well tunned bow is very adictive....

Congrats, LES. You'll have a blast. Dan, you'll need to let us knwo how the Anarchy shoots. Bear does take a while to get their bows out.

My Bear shoots great. I have an '09 Truth 2 Darkhorse (blacked out version).

My PSE Dominator (target bow) shoots lights out if I'm on. It will get a work out this weekend. Headed to Louisville for the NFAA Indoor Championships early in the morning. Been shooting well but tomorrow is where I need to strut my stuff if you know what I mean. 2 days of shooting. Almost 1400 shooters registered so far.

I'll be offline till Sunday night. May be able to get on with my phone but we'll see if the hotel has WiFi.

Thanks fellas!

OA, good luck out there this weekend. Here's a pic of the new Bear Legion...

Came with a sweet hat and a window decal...

Damn Dan , I figured you must have had it by now.

LES that is one nice looking bow.

Got out to the range with the new Bear this afternoon.

Shot out to 50yd and DAMN I love this bow! Was shootin a bit to the right and made the adjustment, but the pins were dialed in spot on for elevation. Need some more practice as far as accuracy goes though. Still a bit shaky and keep having to remind myself to relax my grip and arm. Wasn't too bad though, was keepin my groups at about six to eight inches at 50yd. Once I get back into it I know I'll be obliterating little dots before too long...

Sweet! Glad to see your getting it dialed in.

Heck yeah man, I had a blast out there.

This bow is light as a feather compared to the old target bows I used to shoot back in the day. It'll take some get'n used to the shorter OAL but it feels great. Have to say I'm a little sore after a drawing back that 70# for a couple hours... :oops:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Heck yeah man, I had a blast out there.

This bow is light as a feather compared to the old target bows I used to shoot back in the day. It'll take some get'n used to the shorter OAL but it feels great. Have to say I'm a little sore after a drawing back that 70# for a couple hours... :oops:

Yum, yeah, that will happen. Kinda like swinging an axe if you haven't done it in a while.

With indoor over I need to get my overall arrow count up. Outdoor tournies will run 80 - 120+ arrows a day. I do not pull 70#. Several shoots limit compounds to 60# max. I generally shoot 54-57#. My hunting bows both are around 57-58#. No need to tear up my shoulders any more than necessary...

Practice with whatever weight you is comfortable and lets you shoot 20 or so arrows without fatigue. But remember that when you're sitting in a treestand that is freezing for several hours you aren't gonna be able to draw an overweight bow like you can in the backyard. Yeah, Tennessee doesn't get that cold, I know...LOL...

Seventy is a lot especially if you have been out of it for a while. Even in my prime I rarely shot over 60. My Hoyt is set at about 42 right now, my shoulder just cant seem to take any more and it's driving me nuts.

OhioArcher said:
Practice with whatever weight you is comfortable and lets you shoot 20 or so arrows without fatigue. But remember that when you're sitting in a treestand that is freezing for several hours you aren't gonna be able to draw an overweight bow like you can in the backyard. Yeah, Tennessee doesn't get that cold, I know...LOL...

Nothin like you guys get up there, but to a native Texan it gets plenty damn cold up here in Tennessee... :lol:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
OhioArcher said:

Nothin like you guys get up there, but to a native Texan it gets plenty damn cold up here in Tennessee... :lol:

Cold?!?!?!?!? Living in MI there are parts of me I haven't seen since last November! :mrgreen:

Not sure if I posted this here before and it's been a while since I've logged on but I shoot a Mathew Monster set at 72#, 30 in draw, Gold Tips arrows, and grim reaper Broadheads. QAD ultra pro drop away rest and HHA one-pin adjustable sight. Arrow weight is 430 grains shooting around 330 fps (not IBO, actual speed) equals almost 100 lbs of KE. I like aiming for the shoulders on deer and hogs. No shoulders, no running.

I got this a little less than a month ago. It's a Diamond Outlaw with 60# limbs.

It's pretty much stock for now. It came with the R.A.K. package. I've shot it a grand total of about 12 times. It's just been too cold for me to want to shoot it. I envy you people down south. :mrgreen: It's got a good draw cycle. The let-off is really good. It's got an 80% let-off. It has a solid back wall. For a 60# model it is crazy fast. The bow isn't too loud, either. I really like how light it is. It feels great in my hand.

Back