• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Condor Outdoor Tactical Gear

Picked up a Condor "Transporter" rifle case a couple days ago...

Been looking at this for a while and finally decided to try it out. Picked it up locally for $55 and I've seen them on-line for $48.99. It makes a great takedown carry case for a 16" carbine and has plenty of room to accommodate an optic...

The divider separating the two sides is thick and well padded...

Fits my 5.56 pistol perfectly...

The outer pocket has elastic bands for six rifle mags as well as four pistol mags...

I'll put it through the paces for a while and report back after a while with how it holds up...

Re: Condor Outdoor Tactical Gear

I reconfigured the back of my LBV to accommodate the larger Condor 2.5L Hydration Carrier II with two large zippered pouches as well as directly attached my shotgun scabbard with two 25rd shotshell pouches to the MOLLE webbing...

It carries well and keeps my shotgun easily accessible without having to carry it by hand or on a sling. This allows for a hands-free carry option or for the shotgun as a secondary weapon while a rifle w/sling is carried as a primary...

Covered that in another thread...

Good question.

Don't have a scale in the house, but fully loaded out with ammo I would estimate the rig weighs in at 25-30 lb. That's with an empty water bladder, so adding roughly 4.5 lb for the 2L of water (2.205lb/liter) we'll call it 30-35lb. Add the weight of a fully loaded shotgun, call it 8.5 lb, and total weight is in the ballpark of 38.5-43.5 lb. The vest and pouches themselves weigh very little. The sides of the vest are open and aside from the areas with MOLLE webbing the rest of the body is lightweight mesh. It's very breathable. For me, the key is weight distribution with the addition of the battle belt. It sits snug around the waist and helps support the weight of the vest. With the weight split between the shoulders and the belt it makes the load surprisingly easy to carry. The belt also carries my 5 In Line pistol mag pouch, a 12 round pouch with extra shotgun slugs, and a med kit.

I have used the rig in its previous configuration during TN summers. Nothing too serious, just a few of us shooting at a buddy's farm. There is a LOT of walking involved to different shooting spots around his land and that was the primary reason I put this rig together. I wanted to be able to carry water, a pistol, a rifle, and a shotgun, plus extra mags and ammunition for all three without having to carry a bag. It does get pretty hot and muggy out there and I do get tired after a full day, but I can tell you this rig is a LOT more comfortable than carrying a big range bag full of guns and ammo. Even a large backpack or my drag bag carried on my back gets uncomfortable after a while, since all the weight is supported by my shoulders. The mesh on the vest makes a big difference and there is another version with even more mesh surface and a built in hydration carrier...

No worries.

Just didn't feel like typing it all up again. Plus my head hurts when I have to do math...

Back