• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Confederate battle flag issue

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Looks like I'm the only one here who has the cojones to bring this up, although I'm absolutely certain that y'all are up to speed on the issue, given the media coverage.

Every year there are thousands of guys and gals who participate in recreations of Civil War battles, complete with arms, flags, uniforms, and other accouterments. Are we to now ban those who represent the South in those mock battles? Or stipulate that only the Yankees are permitted to win? And that only the Southern side is to be charged with various atrocities?
icon_rolleyes.gif

How much of our history should be erased in the name of Political Correctness?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Should the Jefferson Memorial be bulldozed as CNN suggests?

How about all those States, counties, towns, etc., including Washington, DC? Should they be renamed or destroyed because they were named for all those Old Terrorist White Guys who founded this country?

Back when the Confederacy was launched it was run by Democrats, including VP Stevens who praised slavery as the natural order of humanity.

Alexander-Stephens-Speech-African-Slavery-the-Cornerstone-of-the-Confederacy.jpg

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

For decades tho the South has been overwhelmingly Republican. It's the Northern population centers who are now the Democrat bastions.

It should be obvious to everyone that this has far more to do with Political philosophy than geography.

Totally with ya on this one Gunny...I'm so sick and damn tired of the pervasive political correctness police tellin' us what we can think, say, write, wear, observe, fly, amd believe.

What the hell has happened to free speech in this country of ours...!!??

The Civil War IS a bloody part of the history of this great nation...and to deny it, and the people who spilled their guts on the battlefields strewn across this nation, will be the beginning of the end of our history as we know it.

Hell...they already have altered the history books and what they teach our young in our schools.

It's our heritage...not a symbol of hate !!

Let's also remember that those CSA soldiers who died were Americans too !!

Rewriting it will NOT make it go away...and that flag in South Carolina...or Georgia...or Alabama...or Mississippi...or Tennessee...or Kentucky...or Virginia...or North Carolina...or Texas...or Arkansas...or Florida...or Louisiana...or Missouri should NOT be taken down because the PC Police want it down.

Here ya go...just some of the flags that have flown...or still fly...over southern capital state houses:

Confederate_Rebel_Flag_zpseymexrl2.png

Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_1861-1863_zpsuvrw51ja.png

South_Carolina_Sovereignty-Secession_Flag_zpskbjatn1e.png

Rebel%20CSA%20Bonnie%20Blue%20Flag_zpsszagdncw.png

Flag_of_Georgia_zpsiwiop4vy.png

Jack_of_the_CSA_Navy_zpsiw5vniot.png

Flag_of_Mississippi_zpsiniivcl2.png

Blood%20Stained%20Banner_zpsgzngwzzl.png

Flag_of_Alabama_zps8qhl8a79.png

They didn't start flying the battle flag until the mid '60s. My opinion is to take the battle flag down and replace it the historically accurate flag. For us in South Carolina I BELIEVE it is the fourth one, the "Bonny Blue". Most people don't know about the confederate state flags, and the agitators sure as hell don't.
my .02

This isn't about some state flag. This is about a culture and a civilization. It's about tyranny or freedom. It's about choice or dictates. It's about Life or Death.

Thank you shooter.

@TJ Johnson Bonnie Blue Flag was flying over Fort Sumpter when it came under fire of the Union. reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

I bet most of the sheep will only recognize one or two of the ones you listed as being a confederate flag.

You know. The one that was painted on top of the General Lee.

Just for further reference, here is another flag that some of my ancestors served under.

cherokee-braves-flag-medium.jpg

Also, while the State of Kentucky was officially NUETRAL, it was anything but. Which is why historians typically will add KY to the list of confederate states.

This may interest more than a few of you.

Confederate 5th KY regiment.JPG

Battle of Ivy Mountain
Battle of Middle Creek
Battle of Princeton
Battle of Chickamauga
Atlanta Campaign
Battle of Ringgold Gap
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Dallas
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Peachtree Creek
Battle of Atlanta
Battle of Jonesboro
Sherman's March to the Sea

And another

mossbergownershat003_zps73fe94c5.jpg

Well worth the time it takes to read this for some more local information
http://bencaudill.com/documents_msc/millcliff/millcliff.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orphan_Brigade
!C!412sg!2k~$(KGrHqV,!jcE0DWlPYooBNE+JwS!F!~~_1.JPG

Orphan_Brigade.JPG

Engagements

I'm looking for one online right now..........they're getting hard to come by. Some places are sold out and some of the other politically correct pansy websites have taken them off sale.

The "Bonnie Blue" is posted above...along with the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia ( Stars and Bars )...the State flags of Alabama, Georgia ( current ), and Mississippi, the First Confederate Navy Jack, and the "Blood Stained Banner".

===============================

For more on the history of the CSA Flags / Memorial Days / Organizations / Monuments:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War_Museum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_Memorial_Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Confederate_Veterans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Daughters_of_the_Confederacy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Cross_of_Honor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monuments_and_memorials_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

================================

THIS JUST IN: Now they are attacking Dukes of Hazzard? WTF!!! :mad:

I grew up in New England before I came down to FL so the Confederate flag doesn't really have any meaning to me. Didn't really bother me either way.:cool:

But the outright banning of the flag and its inclusion on merchandize is just downright ridiculous and smacks of widespread censorship. I was going to say "what next, Dukes of Hazzard" but they beat me to it. Political Correctness is another name for farking beta wienies that can't take any sort of criticism or their feelings will be hurt. They apparently have never worked in a shop where men (and women) work and rib each other over all manners of matters and everyone in the shop has skin that is thick enough to take it. :mad:

OK, while we're banning things that may offend others, lets ban these flags and symbols, and this is a quick, partial list: the religious Cross, Star of David, ANY Muslim customs and devices particularly the hijab, Rainbows, Puerto Rican flags & symbolism, Mexican flags & symbolism, any other nationality flag and symbol, black, white, yellow, red or any other color flag that might "offend" someone, all state flags will now be the postal abbreviation (as long as no one is offended) on a clear background, any Native American image on anything such as a college sports team banner, any animal image on anything such as a college sports team banner (don't want to offend PETA, do we?), any outlines of shapes such as squares, circles, triangles, etc... You get the picture--if it has the potential to offend, it must GO>>>>>! :rolleyes:

PS: the FL flag has a mild semblance to the Confederate flag...

usa_florida.png floridarebelflag2.png

Last edited:
For me the flag is not an issue. I wont lose sleep one way or another. The bigger issue is that anything any one of us holds dear can be taken away just because someone finds it offensive. Thats what makes my blood boil in all of this.

The PC police have finally defeated the General Lee...they are removing the flag from the roof of the iconic car. I guess the obnoxious Charger (causes global warming) will soon be a Prious, they can paint it blue, rename it the General Grant and the horn will play the Battle Hymn of the Republic. I'm sure Daisy is also offensive to many weenies out there too.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/general-lee-from-dukes-of-hazzard-losing-its-122294326432.html

The flags aren't going to disappear although they may be harder to get for awhile.

Warner bros can do whatever it wants to, and it's only going to hurt them.

However, this General Lee will always have it's rebel flag on its' roof.
general lee 001.JPG

It was one of the cake topper decorations for my 10th birthday party.

Just to go on record, my Mom decorated the cake with the Battle Flag across the entire top of the cake and the General Lee hot wheel was sitting in one of the top corners.

This cake was consumed by myself and a dozen other cub scouts after one of our meetings in the SCHOOL cafeteria where we held our weekly meetings on Tuesday evenings.

The scout members were also NOT gay. Nor were the troop leaders. AND we said a prayer before and after we started, AND said the scout pledge and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.

So tell me, what was wrong with that picture?

Not a DAMN thang!

Born in Texas…. Cant believe these southern states are caving like a bunch of cheap suits.

This has nothing to do with the flag being racist. It was based on the Southern States being muscled by the northern alliance in congress and the senate and the expansion of the federal government's power.

Slavery was also under the American Flag. And for a time under the American Flag Women couldn't vote. I guess Liberals want an all white flag… oh wait that's racist.

AND per Lincoln's words to Horace Greeley:

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do notbelieve it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

For some reasom people just can't accept that a wack job went off on the nut, they MUST blame someone/thing for the crime. News flash, some people are just wack jobs and will do bad things and there is nothing anyone can do about it but put them down after the fact.

This is all just a way for Obama and his minions to keep pushing buttons until the American people say "Enough!", rise up against him and give him excuse to enact Martial Law. There definitely appears to be a big push to start another internal war here in the US. More Constitutional rights just got flushed with the House Republicants passing the trade bill that transfers more power to the King of the US. Wait till you see his next moves...more fundamental transformations are coming down the pike.

Here's a good article about the General Lee:

http://conservativetribune.com/coot...um=ConservativeTribune&utm_content=2015-06-24

He ended his rant by reiterating that Cooter’s stores would continue to sell the Confederate flag and other symbols of Southern heritage, defiantly declaring, “I will fight these people until hell freezes over, and then I will fight them on the ice.”

Last edited:
Hope Roof has an Aryan Nation cellmate who rapes his white ass everyday before he goes to sleep...friggin' scumbag !!

Hope Roof has an Aryan Nation cellmate who rapes his white ass everyday before he goes to sleep...friggin' scumbag !!

Yup, they will certainly LOVE him... ;) I'd rather see him go to General Population in the SC Supermax prison. They'll see to it he gets treated "right"... :eek:

Back