• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Contact your reps

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
You need to contact your state reps serving in your house of representatives to ask them to support the Share Act bill.

A hearing was yesterday, which was full of typical anti gun BS, but it made it out of committee today for a full house vote.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170913/nra-backed-share-act-passes-committee

Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) commends the House Committee on Natural Resources for markup and passage of H.R. 3668, the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act. Under the successful leadership of Committee Chairman Rob Bishop (R-UT) and Subcommittee Chairman Tom McClintock (R-CA), the SHARE Act now moves to the full U.S. House of Representatives.

“Today marks an important step in protecting the Second Amendment freedoms of America’s hunters and sportsmen and strengthening our outdoor heritage,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director, NRA-ILA. “The SHARE Act will cut burdensome red tape that restricts millions of hunters and sportsmen.”

The bill secures access to Federal public lands for hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting and includes the Hearing Protection Act (HPA). The HPA is an important safety-oriented aspect of the bill that will help protect the hearing of America’s hunters by eliminating expensive and excessive regulations on suppressors. Other key provisions include:
•Securing the future of hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting by increasing access to federal public lands.
•Reforming of the Firearm Owners’ Protection Act (FOPA), which protects the lawful, legal transport of unloaded firearms.
•Strengthening protections for carrying firearms on land managed by the Army Corps of Engineers.
•Removing the undefined and antiquated “sporting purposes test”, which opens the door to arbitrary ammunition bans.
•Returning wildlife management of the gray wolf back to states adversely affected by rising populations.

“I would like to thank Chairman Rob Bishop and Subcommittee Chairman Tom McClintock for their leadership and critical roles in ensuring committee passage of the SHARE Act. Thanks to their efforts, we are one step closer to the day that all Americans will have better access to our outdoor heritage and the tools that ensure the safety of hunters and sportsmen alike,” concluded Cox.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more info here too concerning firearm suppressors, which was included in the bill:

http://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/350333-lawmakers-spar-over-gun-silencer-bill

streaming video of the committee debate: (forewarning, it's pretty disgusting that many elected reps read scripted and leading questions)

Got a reply email this evening:

-----------------------------------------------

"Thank you for contacting me with your support for H.R. 367, the Hearing Protection Act of 2017. It is good to hear from you, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Like you, I am a firm believer that the original intention of the Second Amendment was to protect each individual's right to keep and bear arms, and throughout my tenure in the U.S. House of Representatives, I have fought tirelessly to defend the Second Amendment from intrusive legislative and regulatory attacks. Throughout my time in Congress, I have consistently cosponsored legislation targeted at the enforcement of the Second Amendment, creating reciprocity for state right-to-carry laws, and easing heavy-handed regulation of firearm-related commerce.

As you may know, purchases of gun silencers (or “suppressors”), sawed-off shotguns and rifles, and machineguns are subject to a lengthier application process than ordinary firearms. In recent years, changes by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) to this process have often left law-abiding customers waiting for up to twelve months until BATFE finally approves or denies an application. This legislation will help expedite the process for the obtainment of suppressors by individuals who are legally permitted to own firearms. I am a proud cosponsor of H.R. 367 and I look forward to supporting this bill should it come before the full House of Representatives for a vote.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this issue.

My senate rep is chuck schumer. Nuff said.

My house rep Zeldin is supporting the bill.

I usually support Tom McClintock and in this case he has my support.

He's for the next district to me.
Devin Nunes is our guy.

Got a reply email this evening:
-----------------------------------------------
"Thank you for contacting me with your support for H.R. 367, the Hearing Protection Act of 2017. It is good to hear from you, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.
Again, thank you for contacting me on this issue.
John, which representative is that?

Back