• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Critters are not cooperating!

Shawn.54

Two days of bear hunting with my Mossberg Patriot in 375 Ruger and not a bear to be seen then today started deer season and I saw 19 deer 3 with antlers none were legal with antlers restrictions in my state so no chance to test it on something besides paper and cement blocks so as I prepare for tomorrow I hope to be able to report how it preformed. I feel the critters are doing this on purpose.

That's why they call it hunting.

Good luck tomorrow.

Haha. I feel ya Shawn. I'm anxious to hit a deer with my patriot 270 and my reloads. This is my first season with my patriot and reloading

Second day was a bust with nothing to be seen but tracks in the mud that showed up will I was out for lunch go figure the tracks were on top of my outgoing tracks.
That's my luck!!!!
Shawn the buckless

I saw a old doe sniff my uncle's boots as he slept under s tree and there was snow on the ground to prove it happened. Wish there was cellphones then would have been a classic.
On a serious side it's better to sleep in the woods than go to work.
Shawn

Well the Patriot 375 remained quiet this year had a 13 year old take two deer with me and a buddy's step 12 year old take 1 with no need for a stopper. It was a good season for our group one 10 point one 9 point two 8 points one 4 point 7 antlerless. All members of the group got meat but two so we were lucky. Time to clean up the Patriot and break out the flintlock and go old school on them. I will continue to work with 375 maybe groundhogs in the spring.
Shawn

Well I have a few more weeks of deer season left. Buck hunting is over starting now. It's time to let the patriot loose on some does. Hopefully I'll have an update or two within the next eek

I had my chances on doe but I always had a younger hunter so they got first shot and they all hit so I guess it was a good season. I just want to see what a 200gr bullet can do at 3213fps.
Now the day after Christmas is our flintlock season here in Pa.
Good luck
Shawn

Well I was finally able to drop the hammer on two does. 60yds both dropped right there. Not only my first two deer with the patriot, was also the first deer I've ever shot with my reloads (started reloading earlier in the year). 130gr Sierra Gamekings over 59.5gr of H4831 packs a wallop and leaves a big hole. Got a week and a half left me and the patriot ain't finished yet

Back