• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Crossbow mounted camera / 3D league

Video from week 3. I'm getting annoyed that they have not reset the targets in 3 weeks.

Don't blame you for wanting to mix things up.

Shooting at the same things in the same places all the time gets mundane.

This is the first league Ive ever shot that kept the same set for multiple weeks. And ive shot a LOT of leagues.

I'm also shooting a different league on during the week now. This one is at my local archery club. They have 4 different courses that they rotate through and set differently each week. I shot the first round last week but kept forgetting to turn the camera on. I know the videos aren't that exciting but I want to keep testing out the camera and I like to record my progress.

I like the videos. I do that nearly every time I go shooting.

Pics from tonights league. I shot a different bow this week. I decided to use the Excalibur Phoenix. It's definitely a little louder than the Raptor I used in previous videos.

This was at a different location so the targets are different. Woo Hooo

It does have more ring to it after the shot is fired, but in all fairness, you probably wouldn't notice as much, except the camera is physically attached to it.

After I shot the course I went to the range ans shot from 20 to 60 yards. At 40, 50, and 60 yards the camera only picked up the top of the targets which was several feet above where the arrows hit. For longer distances I'm going to have o rethink where I mount the camera. It should probably be on the scope

League 1 wk 4. Shoot in the rain this week. Targets still pretty much the same.

Are you using illuminated nocks this time?

I hadn't noticed them on the earlier shoots.

League 2 wk 3. Shooting the Middleton 355SS with cameral mounted high next to scope.

At 355fps you really can't even see the arrow in flight. I did get a complete pass through on the carp. LOL

This mornings round at league #1, back to shooting the Barnett Raptor.

I have to say the Raptor is the least expensive of all the bows I own yet it is still my favorite.

Shot with my buddy today, you can see his arrow in some of the targets.

Nice!

The alligator in Michigan cracks me up...

I heard they really did find one living in the sewers in Detroit a while back. I guess it was "pet" that someone couldn't handle any more and released in to the "wild"

I always thought those stories were urban myth just to scare the kids bad enough not to go down in there and get into the real trouble with them.

Bacteria and methane.

Saw on the news where an alligator was found crossing a Manhattan street in NYC a week or so ago...

Leage 2 wk 4. Tried to slow down the video to see arrow flight, you can kind of see it on some shots esp on a larger screen

Back