1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

CT Supreme Court And The Lawsuit That Won't Die

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by carbinemike, Mar 14, 2019.

1. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

The CT Supreme Court over ruled a lower court ruling and sent the Newtown survivors lawsuit back to the lower court. Folks, this will end up in with Remington petitioning for the supreme court to hear this case. It has been whittled down some. CT ruled that the feds didn't intend for the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act to overshadow state law. The lawsuit is also reduced to how Remington marketed the Bushmaster. The CT ruling said "Congress did not intend to immunize firearms suppliers who engage in truly unethical and irresponsible marketing practices promoting criminal conduct". I still can't fathom how that works when Lanza did not buy the gun...he murdered the buyer (his mother). Other articles on this ruling made note that Remington marketed "a weapon of war" to the American public.

meanstreak likes this.
  2. mdf9183

mdf9183 .410

The Stupid keeps on coming.
    meanstreak and carbinemike like this.
  3. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Been tried before and failed. Allowing this opens up a Pandora's box that goes way beyond gun manufacturers.
    meanstreak and sixbennetts like this.
  4. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

So, in Connecticut, if someone gets drunk and get his car or truck and kills someone the auto manufacturer should be sued. Man, crazy crap.

But, liberals don't believe in personal responsibility and accountability.
    Ghmann, carbinemike and Tom396 like this.
  5. Tom396

Tom396 .30-06

This! Take care. Tom Worthington
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. carbinemike

I think the lawsuit now means that Chevy can build a fast Camaro and they aren't liable for what crime someone commits with it. However, if they advertise it as fast, show it ripping up the road and tie it to masculinity they can be sued as their advertising drove someone to commit a crime with their product. Unreal. In all that has gone on with the Newtown murders I have yet to hear the left blame anything but the gun. They really don't believe in personal accountability. They believe in collectivism and group rights. They don't seem to comprehend individual rights. Guns are the number 1 example of this. Free speech is #2. Free speech os ok as long as nobody in the group is offended.
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Only if it offends the right people. Being while male, I cannot be offended by anything. Now a transsexual can be offended by everything because they are at the bottom of the lefts hierarchy.

The reality of the left is what they say it is. If they say something different 10 minutes from now, then that is reality because that's what they say it is.

They have the same reality as a 2 year old.

It really is quite an amazing phenomenon, something one would have been committed for in the past.
    meanstreak and carbinemike like this.
  8. carbinemike

Well said!
    MikeD and meanstreak like this.
  9. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

There's so much legal precedent against this type of lawsuit that it's clearly a sjw bench ruling that not only will get decimated in aapeals court but will also result in the prosecutors paying for the defense legal fees.

Literally just lawyers taking advantage of people.

Lucky gunner won the suit against the Colorado shooting victim family. They owe over $200k in restitution for legal fees.
    MikeD, Ghmann and meanstreak like this.
  10. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I hate all this "Weapon of War" and "who needs an automatic weapon for self-defense" crap in the news.

Nowhere in the Bill of Rights does it say what we are allowed to defend ourselves against or with. One might like to assume it means aall enemies foreign and domestic, but It doesn't try to imagine that at all.!
    meanstreak likes this.
  11. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

I remember when the news media started referring to "assault weapons" , it wasn't an hour later a politician had picked up on it.
  12. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I would like someone to invent a non-assault weapon, and show us what it looks like.

A weapon that may be used without assault on a person.

There ain't no such thing my brothers.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019 at 8:28 PM
    meanstreak likes this.
  13. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

its a war on words with feeling.

When combated with the hard truth that the AR-15 is not the standard issue to our military they try to fall back on... "military style". When you press them on what that means if the military version literally functions differently with a 3 round burst and full auto.... you can finally whittle them down to.... complete gun confiscation... or them saying that you should die or be killed.... or both.

Usually that progression on social media takes 3-5 posts from them to go "ballistic" when they can't substantiate their own ignorance.
    meanstreak likes this.