• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Current MMR real world pricing.

Slickguns has a couple of expired deals on the mmr's for under $500.00. Might be worth checking the sight once in a while if you are in the market.
Mossberg MVP flex and MMR hunter.
20150324_195855_zpskxvxvwgf.jpg

I picked up my MMR tactical with the fixed stock and 10-round magazine from a local gun shop called Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield, PA. They were having a big anniversary sale and I got mine on sale for $498.00 about 3 weeks ago. It is my first AR platform and I am extremely pleased with it.

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.

Hi everyone, new to this site and in reading posts here everyone seems to be so personable, respectful and knowledgeable. Those are hard things to find in a forum! Too many trolls and haters on other forums telling you that you made a bad purchase because you didn't spend $1,500+ on a gun. In my experience, I've been able to outshoot guys at the range with my $300-$400 firearm when they are shooting their extremely overpriced and over tricked-out firearm. Just goes to show that training trumps gear! Anyhow, on the subject of this thread, my wife just picked up a brand new MMR Tactical w/sights a few weeks back and paid $549+tax from our local gun shop. We've had it out to the range 3 or 4 times and it functions flawlessly! Eats any kind of ammo, runs perfectly with steel mags or pmags...couldn't have asked for a better result! She put a flashlight and a laser on it (we had them laying around from a previous AR) and she loves it! I can post pics if anyone wants to see it. Thanks everyone and I look forward to meeting you!

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats to your wife and her new Mossy. You get a chance post a pic or two.

Hi everyone, new to this site and in reading posts here everyone seems to be so personable, respectful and knowledgeable. Those are hard things to find in a forum! Too many trolls and haters on other forums telling you that you made a bad purchase because you didn't spend $1,500+ on a gun. In my experience, I've been able to outshoot guys at the range with my $300-$400 firearm when they are shooting their extremely overpriced and over tricked-out firearm. Just goes to show that training trumps gear! Anyhow, on the subject of this thread, my wife just picked up a brand new MMR Tactical w/sights a few weeks back and paid $549+tax from our local gun shop. We've had it out to the range 3 or 4 times and it functions flawlessly! Eats any kind of ammo, runs perfectly with steel mags or pmags...couldn't have asked for a better result! She put a flashlight and a laser on it (we had them laying around from a previous AR) and she loves it! I can post pics if anyone wants to see it. Thanks everyone and I look forward to meeting you!

Of course we want to see it!

Congrats on the new rifle and welcome aboard...

After today's events in Tennessee, I predict another spike in AR15 style rifle sales. If I were on the fence, this might be a time that I would act (buy one). Take care. Tom Worthington

Welcome aboard Norm908! I hope you also post in the new member welcome area along with some thoughts with your pics. I can't believe these prices!

Grice's Gun Shop, Clearfield, PA (biggest gun shop in PA) has the MMR for $500 on sale from $785. The sale lasts until the end of August.

I picked up a MMR Hunter for $565.00 at Academy Tuesday. It was marked down $200.00 from $765.00. Of course I had to add a scope which is a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40. Haven't been able to shoot it yet :(.

Last edited:
Bought my 5.56 NATO MMR Hunter (naked) in December from a private dealer via GunBroker for $559 + $30 for shipping -- came with a 5-rd Mossberg mag and a 30-rd Pmag. FFL transfer was $25 + $46 tax. Bushnell AR Optics 1x4 for $148 and scope-mount for $45. Case (1,000 rds) of Wolf gold 55 gr .223 for $350, shipped. Four 30-rd mags (IMI) for $32. So for a basic AR clone with mid-quality scope and a decent suppy of plinking ammo, I'm out a about $1,250. You can add another $350 for a rifle case, a mag pouch, a one-piece carbon-fiber rod, fixed-handle chamber rod, and the usual brushes, mops, bore-snake, yada, yada, yada. I already had a good supply of Ballistol, Hoppe's #9, oil, grease, and patches.

Still need a sling and a bipod. Otherwise, I think I've bought all the stuff I need and then some. Did I go overboard a bit? ...yeah, maybe. But for an AR with all supporting gear and a thousand rounds of range-fodder, I think $1,700 is reasonable.

Later, I'll test out 3 or 4 types of self-defense ammo (70-to-75 gr), see what makes the MMR sing sweetly. Then I'll buy another 1,000 rounds of that ammo and a few more mags (keep the plinkers separate from the SHTF stuff). Of course, that second case of ammo will cost more than double the price of the Wolf plinkers, but that's life.

I used to reload...a lot. Still have all the gear. Maybe it's time to dig it out, and get a 5.56 mm die set. The amount saved is significant for the more expensive self-defense loads.

Looks like you're good to go.

We need some pics...
Yeah, I know...sometime soon. My lab just had surgery (minor). She doesn't understand why I left her with strangers to be cut on. She doesn't know why I let her be hurt. She's on pain meds, but it still hurts, so I'm spending a lot of time just holding her and reassuring her. Not getting a lot of sleep.

Give me a few days, LES, and I'll post some pictures.

Back