• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CZ EVO S1 Scorpion brace

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Thinking I might like to get a Tailhook device for mine, along with the easily mounted thingy sold by gear head works.

My youngest son has a model 1 tailhook under the Christmas tree (shh, don't tell, it's for the AR9 he likes so much).

As for the scorpion, and keeping with the factory look, these are nice

GlqlpY.jpg

If you need a buffer tube for it, this one looks unique (if that's what you're going after)

https://www.kakindustry.com/tailhook-pistol-buffer-tube

I believe that is the SB brace.

I just didn't recognize the velcro thing around the rear. The brace looks similar.

To my knowledge, there are 3 types of braces. In no particular order:

Tailhook (there are 2 different models)

Sig Brace

Kak Shockwave.

I currently have used the shockwave on a scorpion, and an AR9.

I have since changed to a stock on one of them, and plan to start using the tailhook on another after Christmas. It is to be determined which we like the best until we get some time behind both of them and get to put them through their paces.

I believe it largely depends on what you want to do with it, and how you plan to use it.

Hi Again John...

Old thread (I know)... but... asking the expert:

What is out there that a) folds and b) is a brace with c) a mounting adapter and d) can be had for a reasonable amount of money?

Good evening. I hope all is well.

If you're stuck on a folder, this is about the least expensive that I know of but even then isn't real cheap. I ended up making mine because I'm cheap and can't spend that much on a folder.

https://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-Folding-Adapter-Sylvan-Arms/dp/B0728LBSTW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1531010815&sr=8-15&keywords=scorpion evo

And this is about the least expensive fixed brace adapter that I know of. For ~$32 that's the best price that I know around anywhere. All you need is an ar15 pistol buffer tube and a KAK blade and a castle nut and you're in business.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CZ-Scorpio...342173&hash=item1cab10e187:g:aXkAAOSwbE9a91Bx

Hi John,

No... I'm not fixated on a folder so maybe I can keep to a lower budget.

Thanks again my friend. :)

So next...

Manticore or CZ OEM? Both are $20 each

Thanks my friend!

Last edited:
I was a beta tester for the manticore. They're good mags, but not really perfect either.

I did have some issues feeding some tapered 147 gr flat nose bullets with them, but in fairness, 9mm was designed around a round nose, and on top of that, the scorpion has a double stack magazine which doesn't help matters either. If it was a single stack magazine like the old ruger P85 for instance, should feed anything considering they feed straight from the mag into the chamber, but the scorpion doesn't.

And when I dropped a fully loaded manticore mag on the concrete basement floor from chest level, the steel feedlip did almost fully pop off. While that's not something that I would normally do (especially on purpose) I wanted to see how it would stand up to an accidental drop from gun level.

The feedlip popped back on and there was no long term ill effects, but had it been an emergency, would've been bad.

As for the factory mags, some folks who use ballistol on their plastic parts (that's bad in the first place) have complained about cracked feedlips on their factory mags. Others have complained about long term storage and coming back to find bullets puked out everywhere where the feedlip let go just sitting in the safe.

Even the factory magazines that cz sells has a newer version that looks a lot like a magpul p mag. Also, cz has a coupon code for 20% off I think. I can try to find it if you want to use it. I'm not buying any more mags at this time.

I have been using uzi magazines in my scorpion with an adapter that I got from my buddy Medphys. No worries about the feedlips on them ever cracking.

And finally, palmetto state armory is going to be releasing a 9mm AK47 variant soon that uses scorpion mags. While you're probably wondering what that has to do with your question about which mags to get, the reason I'm telling you is PSA is making a 35 round scorpion magazine with steel feedlips that may be worth waiting on to see how they turn out. If nothing else, having a couple extra rounds on tap may not be a bad thing, provided the mags don't suck.

Sorry for the long winded answer, but that was the condensed version. I need to send you a PM.

I'm looking at the PSA 35-rd mags now.

But the OEMs have been GTG right from the start. This thing with a better pistol grip and a T-1 and some other mods is just insane!

CZ-Scorpion-left.jpg

I have heard that some of the psa 35's may not drop free in all lowers. I think mostly due to manufacturing variances. But that is nothing that a file and a few seconds can't remedy.

And they're on sale for about $15 each right now too. If I had the extra money, I'd buy a couple for myself but may be a while. Other things on the table needing attention first.

But I do agree. The scorpion is a good gun. They're reliable. Accurate. Easy to carry and stow.

Back