• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CZ

The SP-01 Tactical arrived this afternoon...

...and here it is with the 97BD...

It looks and feels great, although I like the feel of the slim profile aluminum grips on the 97 a lot better than the contoured rubber on the SP-01. Really looking forward to get'n this one out to the range...

do you really !?.....I haven't tried them but if you think they fit the hand better it might be woth a try at some other grips....?

I'm sure they function great, but I've never liked the feel of rubber grips. Gonna run it with them for a while first before I make up my mind though...

Yup, it's the grippy texture I'm not used to. The contours and palm swells feel right though. It hasn't been more than a foot from me all night and the more I handle it the grips are growing on me...

well when your elbow deep in commie guts rubber grips are the ticket lol....think about that before you go buying some slick aluminum grips

remember the 97 you would post, the shiny blued one......that had some real sweet looking wood grips. If I remember right they had the contours kinda like the rubbergrips and they had a nice sharp checkering ?

Yes Sir, I can see where rubber would come in handy in that situation. I remember the photo well. It haunted my dreams for several years...

CZ recently switched to the thin profile aluminum grips on the 97 because the rubber and wood made the grip way too fat. Comparing the two, the 97 frame is quite a bit larger than the SP-01. I shoot similar aluminum on my M9A1 and with the checkering they are extremely grippy. Been a while since I've shot anything with rubber though, so I'm gonna give CZ the benefit of doubt. They do seem to know what they're doing when they build a pistol...

Been so busy shooting the SP01 Tactical that I forgot to post up how much fun I've had with it.

@oli700 you were absolutely right, the weight of the frame soaks up every little bit of snap the 9mm tries to muster. Been lighting up the dueling tree with this thing and it's now my favorite pistol to run on the range steel...

@LAZY EYED SNIPER right on man, nothing like it......I wont put you on the spot because I know you love your 1911's but I have only shot one 1911 that held a candle to my SP-01........and that was an $1800 Smith 9mm.
Even regular 75's don't have the feel of the SP-01.......its just a special pistol for sure

Are you still considering changing the grips ?

I'm pickin up what you're put'n down bro. Comparing the SP01 to a 1911 is like comparing a Corvette to a Jeep. They're both great vehicles and both ride great, but only one is made to run wide open into corners.

The grips are fine from an ergonomic standpoint, but I'm still not used to the grippy, sticky surface. To your point, they sure won't slip under sweaty or wet conditions. Gonna keep the stock grips on for now and work on getting used to them...

The grips are fine from an ergonomic standpoint, but I'm still not used to the grippy, sticky surface. To your point, they sure won't slip under sweaty or wet conditions. Gonna keep the stock grips on for now and work on getting used to them...

I really like the look of the wood set on the 97 in that one pic we like......and nothing beats the feel of wood

If they wear a grippy hand checker I would run those ......

there is just the palm "bulge" contour built into those rubber grips that the aftermarket is not building into theirs , that feel is why I like the grip of a CZ

I've always liked a good set of hips!

Still gonna do a lot more shoot'n and give the factory grips a while before I worry about changing anything...

Back