• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dealing with the Anti Gun Crowd...

Hi guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here.

I normally try to stay out of political Facebook arguments. Honestly, I generally have better things to do with my time. Today I found myself in the middle of a bunch of nonsense with people I don’t know and don’t care to know. What I did get out of the conversation is that I really don’t know how you stop these “mass killings.” It’s certainly not going to come from banning certain types of firearms, ammo, magazines, or any of the like. I’ve said over and over, an AR wouldn’t even be my weapon of choice if I were a killer. I don’t even own one.

I’m sure you’ve all discussed this before, but what are some good constructive thoughts towards reducing this kind of thing?

In my mind we’ve got bigger fish to fry than gun violence. This whole opioid thing kills way more people. It seems like gun violence just gets a ton of press and really gets people’s blood boiling.

You'll never use logic to win over a liberal idiot. It's a fools errand to even try.

With that said, there is a sincere lack of parenting going on these days. Not enough parents with enough gall to go out and pick a good keen switch and wear their kids out with it. It's as much the parents fault (if not more) than the people growing up these days that always seems to get a pass no matter what they do or how bad they do it.

God has been taken out of nearly everything. There is no moral compass. No "rewards" for doing right. No penalty for doing wrong. Evil has been loosed upon earth. And the media pushes it at every opportunity.

Schools, tv's, movies, video games, and all the dark corners of the internet are too often used as babysitters and this is where many kids learn "what life is about" (that was sarcasm).

I'm sure many people will disagree with me. Probably even some here. But that's OK. Those are just the opinions of an old man anyway.

If the solution to stopping law breakers is to disarm the law abiders, then the critical thinking component is on full retardation.

It’s literally a propaganda war ever since the AWB sunset. They don’t want civilians having a reliable accurate firearm that’s proven effective out to 600 yards. It’s puts a big dent in their monopoly of violence.

Now the talk is semi auto is the same as full auto. While convincing the ignorant that this technology is something relatively new instead of disclaiming it’s been in civilian hands for over 100 years.

Simple fact is this... freedom doesn’t equal security. Hell, the garlic festival had cops and metal detectors yet the bad guy just hopped a fence.

The right to self protection doesn’t stop at your doorway. Carry your gun, make it legal without tiers of privileged citizens (cops, politicians) as it is in commie states.

And hold judges and prosecutors accountable for placing repeat violent offenders back on the streets.

Stripping rights away doesn’t stop shit.

It is absolutely poor parenting that is ruining today’s youth. The problem I see is the ruined youth are becoming parents. I’d also blame lack of discipline in schools and the educational systems pursuit of the liberal agenda.

I’m pretty aware of the problems, I’m just wanting to know how we solve them.

The time for talk and debate is nearing an impasse. When the enemy of freedom has grown to the point to directly threaten it, there is not much left than actually putting boot to ass.

As for stupid people doing stupid things, my Daddy always told me : You just can't fix stupid.

I don't really want to light a fire here but I just thought of the angle that could win a liberal argument, and Lord knows I am NOT a libtard. Here is the angle that bothers me: Looking at all the killings, how many killers were members of some gang, or other organization, even an organization aimed at taking over the government or were actively involved with terrorists who will kill just to kill and terrorize? I am asking for a knowledgeable persons answer. I need a fact to back up my sentiment. I think I remember most of these killers were loners or mentally ill but I can't support that. I don't believe they are/were members of a terrorist faction. They are evil people who had soo much hate that in their mind this was the only way they had to make themselves heard.

I believe that the libs and all other antigun people are banking on the fact that after all the guns are collected the troublemakers will be stopped BECAUSE they do not have to worry about gangs and terrorists, because they are not the ones doing the killing. Mentally deranged people are doing the killing. It is a good argument to take the guns from mentally impaired people but it is easier to just count them in with all other people, even legally licensed and honest individuals who respect laws and use their guns for hunting and sport shooting and self protection, and confiscate all the guns, period.

Do these people honestly believe that organized criminals will not take up the torch and carry on if the guns are all confiscated from honest and sane people?

Maybe the question has already been posed to the masses. But, how dumb can people be to believe there is not a more poisonous snake waiting to strike?

There is no 100% solution.

Except millitary and LEOs, nearly 100% of American gun owners never shot at anyone, ever.
This is proof that guns are generally safe, because people are generally safe.

A tiny handful of crazies make CNN & cable TV folks rich, and themselves infamous.
CNN is Not just Fake News. It's 24/7 Sedition.

I heard on Bill Whittle's show that 28 mass shootings occurred in the Obama years.
Up from like 8 under Bush.

So all these shootings didn't start with Trump.
But nobody dares blame the black guy.

Hi guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here.

I normally try to stay out of political Facebook arguments. Honestly, I generally have better things to do with my time. Today I found myself in the middle of a bunch of nonsense with people I don’t know and don’t care to know. What I did get out of the conversation is that I really don’t know how you stop these “mass killings.” It’s certainly not going to come from banning certain types of firearms, ammo, magazines, or any of the like. I’ve said over and over, an AR wouldn’t even be my weapon of choice if I were a killer. I don’t even own one.

I’m sure you’ve all discussed this before, but what are some good constructive thoughts towards reducing this kind of thing?

In my mind we’ve got bigger fish to fry than gun violence. This whole opioid thing kills way more people. It seems like gun violence just gets a ton of press and really gets people’s blood boiling.
Welcome back sir.

Sadly there is really nothing big that can be done. The spree killers like those last weekend build up over a long time. They plan extensively. They fantasize about extracting revenge on those they blame for their ills. They gather what they need. They get by in society and usually stay above the law until the finally act. They kill until a bullet is put into them though a few have been captured. How do you stop evil? All I can think of is be prepared and armed.

I like Bill Whittle a lot. He did a great series on Apollo 11, but it's over 4 hours.
It's totally worth watching though.
He also debunks all the moon landing deniers about Six ways to Sunday.

If you want to know his real feelings about society, watch this one.

That Video might be the best thing I’ve ever seen on the subject. I appreciate you posting it.

I think the best part is when he says “what makes you think that’s not your responsibility?” I know for sure when I’m out and about I’m very aware of anything that might be a threat.

Last edited:
. . . evil is illiterate . . .

It's deaf too. By choice.

We've not only raised a generation of "entitled little pricks", we've educated the world on the potential profits of extreme behavior.

TV has been a force for education, and art, but it's become a greater force for propaganda.

Industry is to clothe and feed and house us against the trials of nature. Art is to make us feel better when industry fails. It's the cork in the leaky barrel of human efforts to survive. It's what the starving do when there's nothing else to do but scribble words and draw while you hide in a hole waiting for death to come.

We need the art and the education and the news, but without truth it is evil, regardless.

False art, lies as education, fake news . . . it'a all evil and we can do without it.

At the end of the day, Americans have a God given right to bear arms.

Doesn't mean that you have to. And for those that don't want to, don't have to.

Just like we all have the right to remain silent. Just some don't have the ability to.

But for those that do want to keep themselves, their families, their homes, their communities, their states, and their country safe, can.

You would think that the way that it was worded in the Bill of Rights, that anyone educated enough to read it could understand it, but there are many that just don't want to take it at face value.

Back