• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Decisions on a HD shotgun

Well everyone, I can't really think of anymore questions, I just have to wait for the day to come to buy the gun and pick it up. As far as I know when I get the gun I need to clean off whatever the factory put on since they don't know how long it will be stored they put something special on it. I just need a rag of some sort to clean a oil the outside of the gun and that should be it, I probably should also think about getting a ammo box to store the shells in vs keeping them in the box they come in.

I want to thank you all so much for sticking with me with my noob questions and teaching me and showing me what else to look for, I greatly appreciate it. I'll report back when I get the gun and the ammo I bought. and whatever else I may buy in the meantime.

Okay, here is a question that I've been thinking about recently. If I have a cylinder bore choke does that mean I can go out and buy a choke and just attach it because it has the threads for it or does it mean that it doesn't have the ability to put on a choke? Like it doesn't have threads for it?

Got my reloader set up finally , you have inspired me to make #4 buck out of my AA hulls be interested in any one im done might not be untilnext month sometime?

JSM said:
If I have a cylinder bore choke does that mean I can go out and buy a choke and just attach it because it has the threads for it or does it mean that it doesn't have the ability to put on a choke? Like it doesn't have threads for it?

If the barrel is not threaded then it is a fixed choke and you cannot replace (or interchange) the chokes.

That's where it confuses me, you would think if it was fixed it would tell you instead of saying choke: cylinder bore, but I guess it doesn't matter as far as I read the choke attachment isn't good for buck.

JSM said:
That's where it confuses me, you would think if it was fixed it would tell you instead of saying cylinder bore choke.

Cylinder bore is nothing more than a measurement of the diameter of the bore at the muzzle (the end of the barrel where the bullet comes out).

There are cylinder fixed chokes, and cylinder screw in chokes. All CYLINDER means is the diameter at the muzzle. It has nothing to do with fixed or threaded.

Here is a list of the diameters (or chokes)

chart.jpg

------------------------------------------

JSM said:
I guess it doesn't matter as far as I read it [cylinder] isn't good for HD for buck.

I don't know where you read that cylinder is not a good choice for buck, but you may want to seriously consider getting your information from somewhere else.

I have no problem with people going to different sources to get all the information they can about something.

But sometimes, just because it's on the internet, doesn't make it true.

Bonjour.

Great advise John A.. Great reference chart,,,I will copy and put that in my files. Thank You. :)

Yay I got the ammo in today! Which is the good news I guess but the bad news is I ran into an issue the other day so I have to hold onto my money so I can't spend any on a shotgun which really REALLY sucks because there is a sale on one for 20 bucks off but I have to make things work out so I'll have to wait but at least I have ammo for when I do get a shotgun. I found a box that I plan on using, I just need freezer bags and silica gel packets and that should be good to go for a while. I guess I'll hang onto my other stuff as well and fix up the .410 a little bit and get a box of ammo for it later. Again thank you all so much for your time and effort to help me and sorry to let you down with not being able to get the shotgun I was bugging you all about.

but on the bright side, this thread may help someone who comes by it! :mrgreen:

Back