• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Deer Season 2012

First Buck

This is my first Buck I have ever harvested!

Attachments

• 375201_10150388768897751_288793957750_8698389_1051684068_n.jpg
    375201_10150388768897751_288793957750_8698389_1051684068_n.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 648
Re: First Buck

I've been hunting for around 25 years and have yet to take anything that big. Awesome deer. Congrats!

I just picked up my tags today and can't wait to go this fall...

I can't wait! I don't have a doe tag this year, so I can't hunt the early muzzle loader season, I have to wait for rifle season since I don't bow hunt... Still, plenty o other critters out there to shoot at!

I already have some tree stands set and I will be setting up a pop up blind this weekend. Our archery season starts on Monday!!!

SoCal Deer Season starts 27 October. The temps here are still going to hit triple digit next week which is unheard of out here. I just purchased a new tree stand that I am dying to get in and setup. I got the 30-30 sighted in and the 930 I screwed up and will have to go back to the range and finish off. So much stuff to do before the season starts. I'm glad I have a few more weekends.

Paul

Our deer season here started on Sept 1st for bow and rifle season opened on Sept 10th. Problem is, it has been way too warm out. My wife works in our local butcher store that processes wild game and they have hardly had a thing brought in as compared to other years. It's starting to cool down now so hopefully the game starts moving.

Good luck Guys!!

I always seen more deer the colder it gets. It's opriobably a combination of the rut ramping up and the need to eat more.

Gary, Are you hunting with the crossbow?

MikeD said:
Good luck Guys!!

I always seen more deer the colder it gets. It's opriobably a combination of the rut ramping up and the need to eat more.

Gary, Are you hunting with the crossbow?
I only hunt with the crossbow from Sept 1st till the 9th. Then rifle season opens on the 10th. When rifle season ends then we get 3 weeks of bow only season again and i use crossbow depending on if i still have any deer tags left or not.

I got my tent (pop up blind) set up yesterday so I am good to go.

While doing a little trimming to better my view I found several tree's that have rubs on them. :D

I'm set up along the edge of a large been field that as of yesterday was still unharvested.

See how in this post I very specifically mention I don't archery hunt...

rjpoog1989 said:
I can't wait! I don't have a doe tag this year, so I can't hunt the early muzzle loader season, I have to wait for rifle season since I don't bow hunt... Still, plenty o other critters out there to shoot at!

Well, archery season here in PA started Saturday, and after last years success, I've become more excited about hunting and the outdoors. As of about a month ago, I'm single, and life has become more unpredictable. So I've decided I can't wait until rifle season, I'm buying a new bow viewtopic.php?f=134&t=5111 , probably Wednesday, and hunting archery season. I've got an archery stamp and I've always been pretty good at shooting a bow as I used to have one that I shot regularly. You can all call me crazy, but hey, tell me something I don't know... I won't take a longer shot than 20 yards as I'm out of practice, I've been out scouting quite a bit, preparing for rifle season, and I figure at this point the more time I spend in the woods the better. This ain't about killing a deer, it's about giving me another opportunity to spend quality time in the great outdoors!

Welcome to the dark side buwahahahahahahahaha!

I love bowhunting. I've gone years where I never even picked up a gun and kept using the bow during the gun season (we can do that in MI as long as you follow the hunters orange rules and have a firearm tag). The longest shot I've ever taken on a deer was 25 yards (with a gun) so I never really felt under geared with a bow. Anything that keeps me in the woods longer is a good thing. :D

My hunting plans hit a bump in the road yesterday. Someone tried to steal my truck and ATV. Another guys truck and ATV got hit in the same fashion yesterday morning too. They broke the smallest window and popped the ignition. Lucky for me my key is computer coded and the engine wont start unless it recognizes the chip in the original key. I can turn the engine over with a screw driver but it wont fire. However they took mine and the other guys ATV keys so it makes me wonder if they plan on coming back for a second crack at it.

Damn Gary that really sucks. Vandals and theives can ruin a day really quick.

I would say it's a good bet they will try again if they have the key. At least the chipped ignition saved your the whole rig from being stolen.

Back