1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Democrat Rep. Stallwell USA Today Op-Ed...Forced Buyback

Discussion in 'Gun Rights, Fights and Rallies' started by carbinemike, Mar 9, 2019.

1. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Not surprisingly this tool is from San Francisco.

cmcdonald, meanstreak and Tom396 like this.
  2. Tom396

Tom396 .30-06

But if the victim had been shot by the shotgun, he'd be just as dead (maybe even more so), and there would be no more to it. That is, until they have gotten all the semi auto rifles and want more. Take care. Tom Worthington
    cmcdonald and meanstreak like this.
  3. Daryll

Daryll .270 WIN Supporter

Would it have been a different story if he was shot with a 7.62x39 from a walnut stocked bolt action...??
    cmcdonald and meanstreak like this.
  4. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The 2A isnt' about hunting.

It's being able to protect yourself, your family, your community, your state, your country. And being able to do so with no handicap from whoever is attempting to harm any of the aforementioned people or entities.

Regardless of what any judge says about it, shall not be infringed is fairly straight forward to most people with a higher than room temperature IQ.

And from a further historical viewpoint, the whole reason that the 1934 NFA wasn't overturned was because the person named in the suit had unfortunately died between the time the supreme court heard the case and made their determinations, so it was a one sided hearing because he obviously failed to show up, and to which the judges were told that machineguns and even shotguns were not commonly used in the defense of the country, despite being used heavily during WW1 and beyond a couple of decades later when the case was heard.

So, the ATF and the Gov has historically dropped most cases prior to reaching the supreme court because they know that the basis that was used in determining what type of military arms are being used, the government doesn't have a leg to stand on because they are in common use in the military service.

So, if you want historical legal precedent, Democrat Stallwell, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
  5. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

The fact that Lee hunted Jackson and murdered him, could have used any number of methods, isn't what is important to Swallowwell. It's the tool which just so happens to fit his agenda. I guess in his mind had Lee used a .44 mag from 5 feet away would be no big deal. That would be messy though as would a couple of rounds of 00 buck 12 guage.

I have watched this guy being interviewed a few times. Typical leftist jerk. And yet, when the house had the opportunity to pass legislation last week that would require ICE being notified anytime an illegal immigrant tried to purchase a firearm, the Democrats voted against it.
    cmcdonald and Tom396 like this.
  6. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

The door to freedom swings both ways. If people are free there is a risk of danger and of being offended. Fair trade, say I.
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. meanstreak

Being offended seems to be a requirement these days is one leans left. Then with our nonstop news on cable tv and social media everyone has to have their moment of fame and pain. Of course it doesn't last long because something else comes along to grab the spotlight.
  8. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I could certainly see this as a good propaganda move but I can't imagine illegal immigrants ever buying registered guns in California.

Even if ICE is not standing at the shop door waiting to arrest them, they are required to provide so much information and do so many things that it would simply be too frightening for them in terms of potential deportation exposure.

Of course if they're buying it from an illegal source no paperwork is being submitted. That is how it is always done.

There are lots of hot guns floating around California right now, being sold by burglars and drug addicts.
  9. meanstreak

It was all more grandstanding by the left to show their disdain for ICE. For thirty years now I have listened to politicians and pundits talk about immigration reform. All that time I had two thoughts, secure the border and enforce the laws on the books.Now thirty years later we have made no progress to speak of'

The hot guns are everywhere. Criminals buy em from other criminals or steal em. But, that is not the reason the left is so up in arms , no pun intended, over guns. They just plain and simple want absolute control over the people.