1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Destroying Remaining Stock of AR’s...a “Dick’s” Move

Discussion in 'Gun Rights, Fights and Rallies' started by cmcdonald, Apr 15, 2018.

1. cmcdonald

cmcdonald Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

meanstreak likes this.
  2. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Look for Dickhead's to go the route of Gander Molehill... True sportsmen will not buy ANYTHING from their stores. Most of their stuff is overpriced, anyway. The only time I would set foot is when I had a $10 off coupon and that would be for something for my student-athlete.
    meanstreak, cmcdonald and John A. like this.
  3. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

meanstreak, carbinemike and cmcdonald like this.
  4. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Wow. At least they could have donated em to local PD's to offset costs. Morons.
    meanstreak, John A. and cmcdonald like this.
  5. Whitey

Whitey .270 WIN

Wow, I’ll add them to the list of who I won’t pee on if ever on fire!
    meanstreak, cmcdonald and carbinemike like this.
  6. pepi

pepi .270 WIN

Looks like their stock needs a kick start LOL
    meanstreak and cmcdonald like this.
  7. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .30-06 Supporter

Dick`s just went Full Libtard!
    meanstreak and cmcdonald like this.
  8. nitesite

nitesite Average Guy Moderator "Philanthropist"

Shitty business for middle America. Let them die.
  9. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

The same people own Field And Stream They take the Dicks rewards card and charge tbe same high prices. I quit going there a few years ago when they refused to sell me a picatinny rail witbout showing ID because it was a "gun part".

Never go full retard!!
    meanstreak, ripjack13 and cmcdonald like this.
  10. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

Truth be known they are probably anti law enforcement too.
    cmcdonald likes this.
  11. rmkeyjr

rmkeyjr .22LR

I will never buy anything from them no matter the price or availability. I have been there and they never have what I need and like Gander they are overpriced.
    I hope they go bankrupt.

I do think believe we should buy from local dealers if at all possible though online is sometimes the only option.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    meanstreak likes this.
  12. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Online is about my only option most of the time. The local stores charge full msrp, plus most of the time. There is one pawn shop where 22's are still $10 per 50 for one example. Visible dust on most all their stuff. I have often wondered how he keeps his doors open but I think most of his sales are for drugs under the table.

I have one local shop that I have do my transfers. He's mostly bow/archery stuff, but he will do transfers for me anytime I ask. And $20 transfer fee isn't terrible either. That's what I was charging folks when I had my FFL's.
    meanstreak likes this.
  13. nitesite

nitesite Average Guy Moderator "Philanthropist"

Just wow.
    meanstreak likes this.
  14. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

The minimum fee here is $30 now but some people are charging 50.

I've got a few things at Dicks since they opened in Fresno last year. But I always thought that their stuff was a little overpriced and you had to wait a long time for service at the counters.

Basically every time I stopped at that store to shop I came away with a bad taste in my mouth.
    ripjack13 and meanstreak like this.
  15. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

BTW, Our local Dix has never had much stock of military-style weapons and is trying to cater to the popular black powder and sass Shooters here locally. Their gun prices were always horrible compared to Davidson's online.

Prices on non-shooting equipment is not too bad for this area, though some things are confusingly high.

Most of those SASS guys are veterans, law enforcement or local Cowboys who would spit on Dix, rather than shop there.

The very first time I went in there I started talking to the guy behind the scope counter about Weaver rails and Picatinny rails and he looked at me like I had three heads.

I shop at Valley Rod & Gun because it's 10 miles closer and they carry reloading supplies. Sometimes their prices are even higher than dicks, but rarely, and when you walk in the door there's a human being to wait on you.

That's where I bought my Savage target rifle and most of my reloading supplies.

I bought all my guns from very small businessmen but most of them came online through Davidsons. This is definitely the way to do it if you like the world's greatest selection of weapons but you don't want to deal with big box store mentalities.
    meanstreak likes this.
  16. zzrguy

zzrguy .410

How long before the CEO is Riding his Golden Parachute. I'll love to watch the the big brain lose their shirt then they lose their mind cause they will bow down the all mighty dollar and they will sell as much
    meanstreak likes this.
  17. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Dick's: "No one can lose business faster than us."

Yeti: "Hold my tumbler."
    TJ Johnson, John A. and meanstreak like this.
  18. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Went in an Academy the other night to take a look and pick up some .300BO ammo (got some sub and super) and 7.92 (8mm) Mauser (they were out). Young guy behind the counter was knowledgable AND eNthUsiasTic which bodes well for society at large... :) It wasn't busy so he helped my son and I handle a number of different firearms (AKs, HiPoints :D, M-9 (92), revolvers, .380 stuff, Shockwave, etc.).
    meanstreak likes this.
  19. John A.

That may not exactly be the best use of wording when talking about Dicks.
    cmcdonald, meanstreak and ripjack13 like this.
  20. ripjack13

:giggle:
    meanstreak likes this.