• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Did Mossburg discontinue a 930 model?

Before I purchased my shotgun, I went to the Mossberg website and it was an item number 85374 SPX 930 with XS ghost ring. I was looking at a comparison to make sure that's what I wanted.

Determining now that maybe it was a tad long, I was going to see if they had a shorter version available. When low and behold, I noticed mine was missing entirely. In fact, according to the new chart, mine is the only model they took away. I actually took a picture of the old chart a mere month ago and I post that here now showing what I had. Yeah it is conveniently missing from the newer chart.

A little worried now that maybe it has been discontinued due to issues or an updated version has been released .... which makes me think they were having issues. That I have missed out on the new remodel. Anybody have any feedback on this issue?

image.png

I am not aware or anything in particular. Models get changed around all the time due to sales, issues, etc. Also, OFM's web site is not always up to date.

I would not panic, best bet would be to call tem directly.

Before I purchased my shotgun, I went to the Mossberg website and it was an item number 85374 SPX 930 with XS ghost ring. I was looking at a comparison to make sure that's what I wanted.

Determining now that maybe it was a tad long, I was going to see if they had a shorter version available. When low and behold, I noticed mine was missing entirely. In fact, according to the new chart, mine is the only model they took away. I actually took a picture of the old chart a mere month ago and I post that here now showing what I had. Yeah it is conveniently missing from the newer chart.

A little worried now that maybe it has been discontinued due to issues or an updated version has been released .... which makes me think they were having issues. That I have missed out on the new remodel. Anybody have any feedback on this issue?

View attachment 11224

If your model is the 18.5" shown, they won't have had a shorter version available.

The only one we've seen in action at 3-Gun matches was losing its front sight on a fairly regular basis, which would freeze the match while everyone searched for it. Once the owner dimpled the sight at the contact point for the set screw and applied some blue loctite it has been a non-issue. The same process may be worth considering for yours if the sight is the same, as it may become difficult to get a replacement for the front sight if they aren't using it on any other models.

Other than the sight system (which is a better fit for some than the standard SPX), your 930 shares the same parts as many others and should be good to go.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

They no longer manufacture the " Patrick Flannigan Rhythm " model ....... he flew the couple and went with more money and Winchester

Back