• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dilemma.. AK or Glock

Itsricmo

.30-06
Well the Gods have shined down upon me and given me a choice. I have some Bonus cash coming in and I am "allowed" (wife's term) to buy 1 gun... The dilemma is that I want 2...

Brand New - Unfired - Norinco Underfolding AK (3 mags) ($500)

or

Brand New - Glock 22 (2 mags) ($540)

I sold the Ruger I got in a trade so I don't have a carry pistol or this wouldn't be an issue. I need some help here fellas! :mrgreen:

Rick

If you have other Glocks I would say get the AK, however... If you have other AKs I would say get a Glock, once again, if you have both man the hell up and quit sitting on the fence!

:mrgreen:

If you do not have a carry gun then buy the G22.

Or find a used Glock and a used AK and buy both. :D

Yeah - If you are short a carry gun that's a gap I'd fill quickly. A G23 will carry a bit easier (said the owner of a G22!).

How about this: Glock 22 police trades with three 15rd mags $349 AND $200 in ammo for the same price?!?! :shock:

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You can't carry an AK bro... ;)

Depends on the AK (and the laws of your state) ;-D

I agree a carry gun is important these days I'd do that first then get the AK! After my AR is built i'm going to look into a AK!

Norinco AK all the way.

If it is in fact new and also being an underfolder, not one of those Mak 90s with the thumbhole stock and slanted receiver makes it desirable. Also is this gun you are looking at a stamped or milled receiver? If you can get an importer name that would be great too. If you see 386 stamped on it that indicates a "PolyTech" made gun and were produced right on the same assembly line alongside the Chinese military issue weapons. Highly desirable to many collectors of these. Some call em all Norinco generally but it could be a Poly tech. Worth checking in IMO.

Thanks to Clinton and all the other libturds back in the day Chinese AKs have maintained some value over the years. NIB isn't an opportunity you are going to get for one of those on an everyday basis as theres obviously no more being imported. The market for these is always across the board especially around election time frenzy buying etc...... but generally speaking at least around these parts 500 is a steal. Most I see when do pop up for sale are more around the 1k mark and higher.

A Glock can be had from just about anywhere whenever you desire. I'd get the AK and then plan for the Glock or whatever else down the road.

Do some googling on the Chinese AKs. Get educated. I think you will see that this might be a great opportunity to get something rather unique for a great price.

YMMV as usual. J

Well so far it seems like Glock 22 has the lead by a long shot. By long shot I mean almost 100% backing haha I chose the 22 over the 23 because I like fullsize pistols. I carried that 1911 comfortably for almost a year and the Glock, while the same size, will be much lighter. 40cal because ammo and magazines are more easily obtained than 19/17 mags and ammo.

The AK, it is a Norinco (Never once Fired) AK. Not Mak 90 at all. Underfolder Stock and wood handgaurd and grip. It's a tough debate for me because they both are on my list to own. A friend bought it many moons ago and stashed it in the back of his safe. He literally forgot about it until he said to me "do you remember whats in the box with all the goofy writing on it?" hahahaha Good guy, older and much wiser than I but his memory doesn't do him justice 24/7 :p

As for the police trade in pistols... anyone ever do that before? I was looking for new just because. I knew of trade ins but didn't want the wear already on it :p That is a super good idea... I could already buy the Glock with cash in-hand now. haha

Do what you feel is best. If you pass on the AK let some of us know whom this older guy is please. ;)

Just kidding. Unless he is wanting to sell it immediately sounds like maybe you can get the Glock now and then kindly ask him to think of you first in the future if he decided to make room in the safe again. Sounds like a plan to me.

Good luck.

Oli, I clearly have a tendency to trade and swap firearms... I always like trying out something new. I tried carrying the Ruger and it was uber awkward. It felt significantly wider than the 1911 (it obviously was physically) and I just couldn't do it. As for the Taurus it was traded for the 1911 and the 1911 for the Ruger and a Mossberg 4x4 in .308 with scope and bi pod. I really made out on that deal!

JG it isn't an immediate thing he wants to get rid of. I think right now it is a "friends and family" offer. He doesn't want it just sold... JohnA, I made a point to mention it could bring in $700 or more online but as stated above, its a "friends and family" kind of deal right now. If I buy a Glock, it will still be there later if I come up with $500 smackers lol

I personally would go with the AK but I am extremely biased as I love shooting AKs.

Itsricmo said:
Well so far it seems like Glock 22 has the lead by a long shot. By long shot I mean almost 100% backing haha

I call for a recount! :lol: Take care. Tom Worthington

DHonovich said:
I personally would go with the AK but I am extremely biased as I love shooting AKs.

Dang you, Dan! Had to come in and mess things all up! I stopped and looked at 20rnds WPA for $6.99 and it wasn't good for the Glock Side of the debate lol

Tom396 said:
Itsricmo said:
Well so far it seems like Glock 22 has the lead by a long shot. By long shot I mean almost 100% backing haha

I call for a recount! :lol: Take care. Tom Worthington

Still all for the Glock. Which the Police Trade In is a really good deal if it doesn't look like SHEET :lol:

Back