• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dilemma.. AK or Glock

Itsricmo said:
DOUBLE POST!!!!

What does someone say about S&W M&P 40 trade in for $355?? :O

Well, I say the M&P 40 that belongs to my wife shoots great. But you still ought to get the AK. :D Take care. Tom Worthington

Itsricmo said:
Oli, I clearly have a tendency to trade and swap firearms... I always like trying out something new.
get the one with the best resale value.

no fighting rifle, get that first imo

I mean if your friend really wants to get rid of it I would be down for a road trip...

Oh geez, now everyone has switched over haha.. The AK would probably have the best RESALE if I can get a G22 for $350, I can wait till income tax and grab one for cheap... hopefully before everyone else! haha I don't think the AK is going anywhere soon though to be honest.

Another problem I have... I WANT EVERY THING to put on the AK while I only want an Inforce APL for the Glock and a good OC and CC holster

Itsricmo said:
DOUBLE POST!!!!

Id jump on an m&p. I carried one for before i bought the Glock. Its a hell of a gun. Id buy another in a heartbeat if i found the right deal

Sent from a Barnett Raptor using alien technology!

MikeD said:
Itsricmo said:
DOUBLE POST!!!!

Id jump on an m&p. I carried one for before i bought the Glock. Its a hell of a gun. Id buy another in a heartbeat if i found the right deal

Sent from a Barnett Raptor using alien technology!

$355 from that Atlantic place posted earlier lol

After re-reading your post I kinda changed my mind on the vote going AK realized it was un fired with mags!

Glock is a great pistol but they are everywhere and always will be availabe.

A Norinco/Polytech won't always be there. Get it.

In a few months you'll have money for the pistol.

Itsricmo said:
Well so far it seems like Glock 22 has the lead by a long shot. By long shot I mean almost 100% backing haha I chose the 22 over the 23 because I like fullsize pistols. I carried that 1911 comfortably for almost a year and the Glock, while the same size, will be much lighter. 40cal because ammo and magazines are more easily obtained than 19/17 mags and ammo.

The AK, it is a Norinco (Never once Fired) AK. Not Mak 90 at all. Underfolder Stock and wood handgaurd and grip. It's a tough debate for me because they both are on my list to own. A friend bought it many moons ago and stashed it in the back of his safe. He literally forgot about it until he said to me "do you remember whats in the box with all the goofy writing on it?" hahahaha Good guy, older and much wiser than I but his memory doesn't do him justice 24/7 :p

As for the police trade in pistols... anyone ever do that before? I was looking for new just because. I knew of trade ins but didn't want the wear already on it :p That is a super good idea... I could already buy the Glock with cash in-hand now. haha
I mentioned the LEO trades at Summit because I have purchased more than 1 from Mark and done business with him for a few years now.

Have a look at what he stocks - he is not your typical gun flipper and the guns I have purchased are 95% finish and 100% reliable - some mods but no repairs to date.

He also sells Leo trade in mags at great prices and has a great relationship with Sig.

Tour the site. I like it a lot and it is never the same twice!!

MikeD said:
Itsricmo said:
DOUBLE POST!!!!

Id jump on an m&p.

yeah, you didn't like the grip on the Ruger you likely wont like the Glock...depends I guess but I think the M&P has a nicer shaped grip and feels a little better. Make sure to go to the nearest gun store and get a side by side

sounds like your leaning pistol

nitesite said:
Glock is a great pistol but they are everywhere and always will be availabe.

A Norinco/Polytech won't always be there. Get it.

In a few months you'll have money for the pistol.

Good point.

All very good input. Oli, I am leaning Pistol simply because I don't NEED an AK but I SHOULD HAVE a carry pistol. But at the Same time I am leaning AK because... well damn... ITS A DEAL! haha

I really didn't like the Ruger grip that much at all.. I held a 45acp Glock last night and it was like holding an AR-15 magazine, not a pistol grip. Maybe the 40cal grip will be smaller??? I already know the M&P grip fits really well but magazines are a little scarce, I guess some more digging would be beneficial.

Mingaa,

Thanks for that info, buddy! I haven't done any police trade ins before and I don't really know anyone around me that has either. I know Police that have traded in, but that that's about it :lol:
Anything above 85% finish would be fine with me. I expect some holster wear, maybe scratches in the polymer around the grip or trigger guard. Also some wear on the slide where it contacts the frame. So long there isn't excessive wear and damage I would be all for it.

But I must mention again........ Unfired. 3 Mags. AK. It is also already 922(r) compliant.
WHY MUST LIFE BE SO HARD!!! :)

Itsricmo said:
I must mention again........ Unfired. 3 Mags. AK. It is also already 922(r) compliant.
WHY MUST LIFE BE SO HARD!!! :)

We have a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I voted for the Norinco earlier (and my position remains the same), I will say that you'll have to decide what makes you happy.

As hard as it is for me to say that sometimes.

Ak.

Cough

ak

eat light lunches and save the coins, and a handgun will be right around the corner.

You don't have to have a $600 handgun. Shop around at pawn shops and the likes and haggle a little and you can have a carry pistol for almost half of what you can get the AK for.

I regularly see used glocks for around $400-$425 around here, and the last thing to catch my eye was a near mint Taurus 92 for $350.

Well I stopped by the Gander Mountain today after...... drum roll..... CLOSING ON MY HOUSE!!!! :D
And I molested the shit out of a Glock 22 and I can't... the G3 and G4 both are STILL like holding an AR15 magazine in my hand... Now the M&P on the other hand fit 100% better in my hand. The G23 did fit just as well as the M&P but that isn't a police trade in. Pistol wise, going the Police Trade In route would be the M&P.

As for the AK... I have been thinking about it all day. I think it is the winner. I just gotta gather up the cash and go grab the rifle haha... My Wife is on board with my understanding and agrees there will still be a pistol hanging around while the AK if passed up may not be there again.

Did I mention.. I bought a house today? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: ;)

Congratulations Istricmo.

I'm happy for you.

Also, glad you got the bank off your back about the basement.

Congrats on the house and I don't think you will regret getting the AK.

Back