• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dilemma.. AK or Glock

John, completely different house! Shortly after the basement issue we found mold and we had to move IMMEDIATELY!!! I'm actually at my mums until we get the new house cleaned and painted then all our junk moved in. So we have at least another 2 weeks here lol However, it is going to be nice paying for MY house instead of Rent for someone else's building.

As for the AK, yeah I think I am going to thoroughly enjoy it!
I already plan on some upgrades in some time. MI Extended Forend and Mako Pistol Grip lol But that will be after I get a pistol for carry :p Maybe some summer time upgrades while work is good. We shall see, with a kid coming in May we have a lot of stuff to get for that too which comes 100% first! :)

rdm76mav88 said:
Congrats on the house and on a side note appreciated your mini report on the m&p!

Thanks! By far the M&P is better fitting in my hand. Personally, I actually feel the M&P seemed better quality. I do understand the Glock is meant to be uber simple and ever more so reliable but I just liked the feel a ton better. I have never shot either, other than a glock 19 I think it was a LOOOONG time ago in a Galaxy FARRRR away. So I can not make a serious comment on quality other than initial impressions.

Good for you. A pistol makes a great carry weapon but a long gun makes an excellent "new home" defense weapon. The pistol you buy later can back that long gun up and pull double duty for carry. Sounds like a solid battle plan. Best of luck with the new gun(s), house, infant etc............

lol well the saying goes "You win some, you lose some."
I had to replace some parts on my blazer last week and my Grandmother lent me her vehicle while the repairs were being made. Just took her car back tonight and on my way to the newly purchased house... Crank Shaft broke. Guess what Tax Return is going for... 2000 Kia Spectra lol YAY! (Still get the AK though lol That's Work Bonus)

I shall remain in good spirits however, I have many more positive things happening than bad.
Happily Married. Child on the way. New House. Soon a New AK and a "New" Car I probably desperately needed anyhow. So Whatever. :p

Congrats on the house!!!

I'm glad you went with the ak because next time we go shooting it'll be more fun than a pistol. It is also a good home defense / shtf weapon.

rjpoog1989 said:
Congrats on the house!!!

I'm glad you went with the ak because next time we go shooting it'll be more fun than a pistol. It is also a good home defense / shtf weapon.

Thanks! I'll have to have you over sometime and CarbineMike can run in from Harrisburg, maybe Shooter13 too, if he even still exists lol

Congrats on the house Rick. Too bad on the mold but at least you caught it when you did and weren't stuck.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing more about your AK. They are really fun guns.

Rick, it's way easier to get a good personal sidearm than it is to get a Nork AK at a good price with extra mags.

I own AK magazines from several country of origins, but my collection only has 1 Chinese mag. Coincidentally, it is also one of the 3 mags that I have that has bolt hold open followers upon the last shot.

I have seen Chinese AK mags selling for $35-$40 each. I have seen them listed for more, but it seems they usually move faster at the mid $30 to $40 price point these days.

http://www.ak47world.com/mags.html

missalot said:
Norinco sucks big time.

Can you quantify that with some personal experience with the products?

If you cannot bring some constructive information to the table other than you think they suck I would prefer you troll elsewhere.

Thanks for the input everyone! Country origin doesn't concern me too entirely much. There are enough parts that interchange at various prices that I can reply everything but the receiver haha I have the AK on Official Lay-Away with guy :p Payments in progress so I don't need it all up front!

As for the magazines... Anyone have a drum mag??

No, and the reason that I don't, for the cost of a 75 round drum, I can get 10 thirty round mags :)

Re: Vs: Dilemma.. AK or Glock

MikeD said:
missalot said:
Norinco sucks big time.

Can you quantify that with some personal experience with the products?

If you cannot bring some constructive information to the table other than you think they suck I would prefer you troll elsewhere.

I'm sorry about that, but Norinco truly is worst of the cheap and poorly made AKs. Very low build quality and bad accuracity. Usually works though. And I do have some personal experience with the product - and just about every AK clone there is.

Re: Vs: Dilemma.. AK or Glock

missalot said:
Norinco truly is worst of the cheap and poorly made AKs. Very low build quality and bad accuracity.

Your experience is certainly different from mine.

The ones I have fooled with, are generally well constructed, cosmetically acceptable (certainly nicer than rommy/wasr) and no less accurate than any other.

On the same note, my norinco SKS have been really good as well.

My all time favorite AK are milled Bulgarian that were imported years ago. They are really nice.

But then again, I don't tend favor these new $1000 "custom shop" Russian saiga conversions either.

Back