• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dilemma.. AK or Glock

No harm done, Mate. Just remember, when making such a bold statement in the future, experience and information is the key to avoiding a conflict :) This one when comparing it to your experience is a certain exception to junk. When comparing it to JohnA. experience it is only a normal run of the mill :)

Either way, i need a "battle rifle" and this is one I am not afraid to throw into the back of my vehicle and blow town if I need too. :lol:

You didn't offend me.

I've looked over the valmet's before, but they always seemed somewhat "bastardized" from a lack of better description and never really drew my interest very much.

Not putting down your choice because I've never heard of a single report that they're bad, just that I like my AK's more standardized or traditional, or whatever you want to call it I suppose.

I converted some 36 round Suomi M31 magazines to use in my smg that were stamp marked in the 1950's that I absolutely love using. I call them my "Cadillac" mags. They are very high quality.

Calling something junk is purely subjective and without articulating specifically why one feels it is junk does not leave us with anything of value.

Thank you for expanding on your statement.

Carry on.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Itsricmo said:
As for the magazines... Anyone have a drum mag??

Yes Sir.

I have a 75rd drum for mine...

Good? Bad? Any repeating issues or has it served you well?
Chinese, Korean, Bulgarian? lol I have been reading some VERY mixed reviews

Ric...... good to hear. The help a friend out layaway plan is always the best. It's good to see someone hand off a firearm to someone they know will get more enjoyment out of it than they were. He knows its going to a good new home.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Itsricmo said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Itsricmo said:
As for the magazines... Anyone have a drum mag??

Yes Sir.

I have a 75rd drum for mine...

Good? Bad? Any repeating issues or has it served you well?
Chinese, Korean, Bulgarian? lol I have been reading some VERY mixed reviews

It's Chinese. Only issue I've had is that my handguard has almost gone up in flames twice trying to run through the entire drum as fast as I could squeeze the trigger. Other than that it functions as intended 100% of the time...

LES, thanks for the good report!
My uncle had some AK, only god knows where it came from and I can remember him catching it on fire a few times. I was hella young (like 7) and it was the coolest thing at the time. Now I cringe and think... What exactly was the AK? Did my Uncle know it's potential value? WHY DID WE CATCH IT ON FIRE ON PURPOSE SO MANY TIMES>!>!> :lol:

Back