• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Disappointment Has Set In

sincitycj

.22LR
I picked up a 715T for my daughter to shoot, at least that was the excuse I gave my wife, and after painting the way my daughter wanted it, cleaning and lubing to my standards, I got it all reassembled. Fast forward to last week. We packed up for a trip to the range so my daughter could finally get some trigger time with her new rifle. I pulled it from the safe only to hear a rattle from inside. Thinking I just didn't get something in just right, grabbed my tools and took the shell off to see what I missed, nothing :?: Ok, start breaking down the rifle itself and what do I find, the small block (for lack of a better description) where the recoil spring guide rod fits into, at the back of the receiver, is literally broken in two. The top half has completely sheared off :evil: I contact Mossy and they had me ship it to them so they can repair or replace, I'm assuming replace. Thankfully the store I bought it at took care of the shipping. I'm sure they'll take care of it but I'm really hoping this isn't a sign of things to come.

I'm hearing way too many stories like this lately!! I hope it is a quick turn around. Keep us posted!

Will do. When I took it back to the store I bought it at, the manager of the hunting dept. said he has had quite a few come back for the same problem. Makes me question the overall quality of the firearm. I know many have had great luck with theirs, but I'm really having my doubts. Mossy said I should have it, or a replacement, back in 7-14 days. We'll see what happens after that. I'll keep everyone up to speed as I know more.

Been a month for me waiting for a new shell interrupter for my 590A1 that wouldn't chamber a round right out of the box!

They've had it since the 6th and when I called they're "working on it" GRRRRR.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Sure hope Mossberg CS takes care of and fix the problem the first time! Keep us posted on the progress ;)

it was the friday after thanksgving last year when Mossberg received mine for the second time since buying new in september. It took about a week for them to fix and a week to get back after they fixed it...i sold it.

I'm sure they'll take care of it one way or the other, eventually. With the metal itself breaking I'll admit I'm leary about firing it. I may or may not sell it, it seems I have some time to think about it.

After a month and a half, I finally got the Mossy back and was impressed. Not with the turn around, seemed a bit long to me, certainly longer than the 1 to 2 weeks they quoted on the phone, but with the extra bit of service they provided. They did end up replacing the rifle, which I figured they would have to, but they even put it into the original shell that I had painted up for my daughter. I was expecting to have to repaint it. They didn't question the fact that I didn't send in the mag and gave me another one. Nice to have two mags, especially since I haven't found one. Now I just gotta wait till after Christmas so I can clean it and get some trigger time. As long as all goes well I'll be a happy camper.

I'm glad you have it back and it sounds like they did well other than it taking a little long. We'll look for an update on how it shoots for you.

Back