• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Do Not Talk to Cops.

This thread has been up for about three weeks now with no comments. I actually watched the entire 48 minutes worth and although I believe in our LEO's as being mostly honest individuals who are just doing their job, individuals that I Thank the Lord for everyday to keep our society from exploding into anarchy and who usually get nothing but grief from the good citizens they are out there protecting, I have to agree 100% with the advice given.

This video should be required viewing for our kids before they leave the house so they understand that if you did nothing wrong, the system will almost always work it out to a positive conclusion by using the "Rights" you are guaranteed under the Constitution. Not by giving them up in the first minute of an incident that brought the unfortunate circumstances to your door involving Law Enforcement.

I still live a clean life and try to not break the law except for speeding. But I had an experience last year where I not only broke the law with our Department of Fish and Game, I actually called them and reported myself. Because it truely was a mistake and I am honest to the point of stupidity. After it was all said and done, I found out that others do not have the same morals that I have. And that the court system is designed to make money. It was even announced in the courtroom before the various trials started for the day as such. Which surprised the Heck out of me to say the least. But remember. Bad things can happen even to good people. And you don't have to give up your rights and you SHOULDN'T. It may save you or your loved ones someday from experiencing something that you really don't want to experience. FWIW.

Paul

I watched the full video the other day.
yeah, most cops are honest, between honest mistakes and less than honest mistakes its best to treat them with a bit of caution.

while not talking may not be the best option, keep the answers short and concise.

Back