1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Dont Buy Firearms with ATI Furniture Pre-Installed - SCAM!

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Mouse9mm, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Mouse9mm

Mouse9mm .22LR

I just bought, less than a week ago, a newly release 2016 "Mossberg 500 Tactical ATI Scorpion."
    On the Mossberg website, it shows and advertises that there is a sling mount insert above the grip and also states and advertises that you can purchase additional "Halo Add-A-Shells" for the ATI Halo Side Saddle.

I called Mossberg, and they do not provide ATI accessories for purchase separately, but they are sending me an after market sling mount insert.

I emailed ATI and they responded that they do not have the insert that would fit the ATI T3 stock on my shotgun, and the ATI T3 stock is not compatible with these sling mount inserts. And they also stated that the current side saddle is discontinued and a new side saddle system will be released in 2 weeks.

So I purchased this newly released 2016 shotgun, and the included ATI furniture will be discontinued and now I have to buy a brand new system (stock and side saddle - probably over $300) in order to use my shotgun as it was intended and as it was advertised on the Mossberg website?

So disappointed....not sure what to do now, I have a newly released 2016 shotgun with discontinued furniture installed, and I was not aware and I purchased it. There has to be some FTC consumer protection for this type of bait-and-switch tactic?
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

I believe ATI is a sponsor here. Take a deep breath and search the listings and you'll find them. PM them, maybe they can help you. Good Luck!
    Mouse9mm likes this.
  3. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

Sounds like he already contacted ATI.

Contact them again and see if they will swap out your system for the new system as you purchased a new shotgun with discontinued furniture...
    Mouse9mm and ripjack13 like this.
  4. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Mouse9mm likes this.
  5. Mouse9mm

Mouse9mm .22LR

Yes, deep breathe, but I did contact ATI directly by email, and their response was: "There will be a new add a shell platform coming out in a couple of weeks that will be available on our website."
    Since ATI wont help, as they figured I already bought it and I cant return the firearm anyway, I emailed and mailed Mossberg's owner Alan Mossberg to see if corp can help me out. We shall see. I dont mind this situation if I bought a firearm that was release a few years ago, but this was a new 2016 release, featured at the 2016 Shot Show. So whatever happens, happens. All I know is, I am in the market to purchase another shotgun, as to which manufacturer brand will depend on how this pans out, I hope to stay with Mossberg in the end.
  6. Mouse9mm

Mouse9mm .22LR

UPDATE:
    ATI emailed me back again, and said the Add-A-Shells that will be released in a few weeks, will be compatible to my current Halo Saddle System. So this is resolved finally :) Thanks ATI for getting back to me.
  7. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

My philosophy has changed about this stuff. If I don't like something, but it's not dangerous or I can fix it easily, I won't send it back. I'd lose too much time and money just in the shipping.

I figure if I hang on to it and keep the rust off, the cost of guns will keep on going up, and I'll just sell it for a profit next year.
    Mouse9mm likes this.
  8. Mouse9mm

Mouse9mm .22LR

True, sometimes not worth the headache and just swallow the principle....and move on...
  9. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

While I agree for the most part as it is usually not worth the time out of my life to fight to get it resolved, if we do not push back then they will continue to market and sell products that frustrate the consumer.

Personally I would prefer to see them cover the bases with base guns that are flawless then to provide a plethora of trendy offerings that are all hit-or-miss.
    Mouse9mm likes this.
  10. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Well, we push back by getting the word out across the web.

It might not put anyone out of business, but if buyers do their homework they'll get the word.
    Mouse9mm likes this.