• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Don't forget the meds

One of my projects is to build up my supply of prescription meds and critical vitamins. Not easy when an hmo limits you to a 30 or 90 day supply. Sometimes a friendly doctor will help, often no.

If you are changing plans, try to get a 90 supply from one and then immediately apply with the new plan. They don't know or care what you got elsewhere. The same with eyeglasses.
If you travel abroad or live near a border, you can often buy almost everything otc. often for the same price as your copay in the US.

Most meds are rated for 1 year in a dark AC'd space, but will actually last longer.

Any other ideas?

liquid antibiotic shelf life is pretty dismal. Actual pills tend to last longer.

Expiration dates are often one big joke.

Even salt shows an expiration date.

Salt is a mineral that could be millions of years old the moment it is mined.

Bottled water shows an expiration date.

Same for water.

I assume ya'll already know about fish antibiotics. They can be had online without a prescription. A nice addition to the back corner of the refrigerator.

The expiration date isn't for the water - its for the bottle. Overtime, plastic will slowly breakdown and that will get in your water. Its trace amounts at first, but it does throw off the chemical makeup approved by the FDA.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

As an example
If your prescription is for 20mg of something, get a friendly doctor to prescribe 40mg.
Cut them in half and you double your supply.
My Dr does this for me all the time.

Back