1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Don't Read This Post If You Wanted Silencers To Be Easier To Get

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by carbinemike, Jun 4, 2019.

1. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Q&A with President Trump before boarding Marine 1 to visit the UK:

Q The suspect in the Virginia Beach shooting used a silencer on his weapon. Do you believe that silencers should be restricted?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t like them at all.

Typical clueless reporter...they already are heavily restricted. Also, Trump is no great friend to the gun loving community and neither are the republicans unless status quo no counts as being a supporter.
    meanstreak and John A. like this.
  2. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite Member "Philanthropist"

Unfortunately this is an instance where he whipped out a response, before he actually thought about the question. Granted, as POTUS, I'm sure silencers aren't at the top of his priorities list to study up on.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    meanstreak and hombre243 like this.
  3. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

Ahhhh no. He's a complete douchebag when it comes to the 2A. He means what he says.
  4. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

This makes exactly three negative 2A policies that he has said that he wants to implement.

red flag
    bump stock
    now suppressors

I do not believe that he has a very good chance of being re-elected.

I would post the pierce morgan interview that he did this week while in England. But you'll have to take my word for it or google it yourself.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...endous-fun-semi-automatic-assault-rifles.html
    Water Monkey likes this.
  5. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

Would have been harder if the hearing protection act passed the senate and got in his desk for a signature. Thanks you swampy republican GOP swine for not doing your job.
    John A. likes this.
  6. John A.

meanstreak, CaddmannQ and MikeD like this.
  7. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

@John A. Stop trying to obfuscate the narrative by injecting factual information. ;-D
    Water Monkey likes this.
  8. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Because there is no such thing as a silencer.
    Cogito ergo boggum
  9. MikeD

I beg to differ. I see them in almost every action movie and they make all guns as quiet as a mouse fart.

This is what happens when people view movies, TV and the MSM as a source of legitimate education about guns, gun accessories, shootings, etc.
    John A. likes this.
  10. John A.

11. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I've never seen a silent rifle. It is a physical impossibility.
    Silencers are 100% fiction.
  12. Daryll

Daryll .270 WIN Supporter

Thats ok then.. let then ban "Silencers"... you can have suppressors and moderators on your guns.. :D

This is one of the weird things about UK/US gun laws.. you can have pistols and S/A rifles, but any sound moderators are very hard to get... we can't have pistols or S/A rifles, but can get sound moderators relatively easily, even just for range work..
  13. MikeD

As with everything else in the world, its about money and control, which at the highest levels are synonymous.
  14. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Junior is a fan! VIDEO He needs to have a chat with daddy... :rolleyes:

djtjrquiet.jpg
  15. John A.

Sorry.

I have crunched a few numbers though and had a few discussions on a few nfa related forums.

Judging that there are approximately 1,500,000 suppressors in the hands of law abiding citizens and each one having been taxed for the last 85 years (according to numbers the atf have given in congressional testimony a few years ago), I have came to the conclusion that equals to $300,000,000.00 in taxes alone that has been paid.

And considering the average price of a legal suppressor is around $1000 (some as little as $200, others in excess of $2000) giving me the $1000 average that I am going to use for my un-common core math, equals approximately 2 billion dollars worth of legal goods and taxes that would have to be shelled out by gov if they were to prohibit them from ownership.

Further, that's almost what it would cost to build the wall.

Further again, there is no such thing as a government buy back because:

1. The government didn't sell them in the first place

2. If the government demands that I turn them in and be reimbursed, that would mean that with me being a tax payer, that gov would in effect be using the taxes that I am paying the government to take my property away from me. Which I think is a double whammy on the gov part that would not stand up to judicial review.

Just obfuscating a few more facts Mike.
    meanstreak likes this.