1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Double shot .22 revolver

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by ripjack13, Jan 10, 2019.

1. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

2. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

That is fascinating. It is a very novel idea. I kinda like it for the novelty alone, and its price isn't bad.

Boy the flash and BLAST from the muzzle would be like a Hollywood movie. Talk about LOUD!!!

It would be as expensive to shoot as a centerfire, anywhere from $0.25 to $0.50 per trigger pull.

Did you notice the trigger??? Looks like a "reverse" Fitz Special mod that used to be done to Colt and S&W revolvers decades ago.

Thanks Rip for the link.
    ripjack13 and meanstreak like this.
  3. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I definitely will NOT buy one.
    I definitely hope someone buys me one as a gift.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  4. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Thanks for the link Rip. I was really caught up in it until I read the specs and saw only a 1.25 inch barrell. My aim is bad enough as it is.

I have a friend that has the Arsenal Firearms 1911 double barrell. I have not shot it, but it is very unique, and very expensive.
    John A. and ripjack13 like this.
  5. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

22mag i like, double 22mag I like extra. Now how ??? Is it not NFA ? ,I read article but still dont understand one trigger pull 2 rounds fired no grey there ? Educate me please
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. nitesite

Shooting a .22-Magnum from a short barrel is a HUGE flash and bang and total nonsense. The bullet probably wouldn't penetrate a winter coat.
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett 20g Supporter

I wouldn`t want to get hit by one.....

102_9701.JPG
    John A. and meanstreak like this.
  8. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Now lets keep it real, yes loud , but as for non lethal ?? First to mind is lady leaving bowling alley in Stockbridge several years ago attacked at car, hand goes in purse she fires shot THRU her purse no time to draw hits attacker boom hes stone cold graveyard dead, shes uber lucky on many levels. but the little 22mag NAA with a mini 1.25 barrel was deadly at least once.
    It aint no .45, but it will kill ya.
    NAA Black Widow (2" barrel)

• Speer 40 grain GDHP-SB: Average velocity = 970 fps; Extreme Spread = 48 fps
    • Win. 40 grain Super-X JHP: Average velocity = 1025 fps; Extreme Spread = 79 fps
    OF course while I would find this paticular gun intriguing I do agree a novelty item not my go to life defender of choice
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 8:58 AM
    meanstreak and Elbert Garrett like this.
  9. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Its' not classified as a machinegun. It's classified as a volley gun.

Just like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'd like to see the experts at CNN discuss this in their gun control segments. These designs are 100's of years old.
    meanstreak, Djcala and Elbert Garrett like this.
  10. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Yeah, but wouldn't two 22's going off at the same time = .44

I kid, but kinda serious too

In all sincerity and honesty, we used a 22 to kill our livestock when it got time for slaughter. I bet more deer have been poached with 22 than have been killed with 300 winmag.
    meanstreak, Djcala and Elbert Garrett like this.
  11. nitesite

Ok, the winter coat thing was just to keep the conversation warmed up.

:)