• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Droid, Iphone, Blackberry Apps.

I had Android for the longest... Now I have the iPhone. Both have their advantages, but the iPhone by no means is the best. People used to always tell me that iPhone had much more apps- not true. Pretty equal in that department. Really there is nothing that stands out above & beyond for the iPhone, IMO, that makes me "sell" their product. It doesn't give me any problems and I like it, but overall I would not be disappointed if it died tomorrow and I went back to Android. Still a great phone though :)

Just wanted to mention... I have an app on my iPhone that's called Gun Log... All of you android users should see if it's available to you :) its pretty nifty, you list all your weapons by make, model, and serial #. You can also have a photo of it under its info. You can log when you've cleaned it, rounds fired, when and what parts you replaced, upgrades, range reports, etc. It then makes lists of misfires and other reports by caliber and other ways. It was $0.99 but it was worth it. Pretty neat lil app, especially if you have lots of firearms and like to keep track of all the info in one handy place!

I have the g'zone commando. A droid. My stepson has an iphone 4. We compare aps every so often. Droid has so many more "free" aps. Its ridiculas. Also the customization is so much more vast.

iPhone user for 4 years now (and counting). Great platform, intuitive, very stable and literally thousands of apps available. Only thing they could do better is a larger screen size (coming July 2012).

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

I believe it's the droid you're looking for...

ROFL.

The iPhone users are not putting up a very strong arguement. :lol:

I'm an IT guy so I like to have control over the things I use. In that regard It appears the Android platform offers more flexibility. Still weighing the options. There are things I like in both.

Its because there is no arguement needed when it comes to the iPhone, I don't need to defend the platform :)

DHonovich said:
Its because there is no arguement needed when it comes to the iPhone, I don't need to defend the platform :)

Is there enough Kool Aid for everyone? :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is a reason everyone compares their phone to the iPhone.

Phones are like my guns, I treat them like a tool and will exchange them if they give me a problem. I really have no loyalty to any manufacturer. I had a blackberry for three years and have now had a Iphone for three problem free years. At work we constantly compare smartphones in the apple vs droid in features and performance, and now 80% of the workers have iphones. I also use a motorola xoom tablet at home that is a droid. Using the apple system is easier to learn and faster than droids system.

Most new cars are built with a dedicated Iphone connection. My Itouch, Iphone, and ipods all use the same interface so I can connect any of them to my car for quick charging and playing directly into my car stereo. No need to purchase car chargers or have extra clutter.

Iphones will recharge the battery at the rate of 1% per minute which is handy. How long does it take a droid to recharge. There are many droid models so it would be important to try to know what model of droids (meaning there are cheap introductory droids and there are top of the line droids) your comparing to. In general I would say a high dollar droid can be faster but then you sacrifice battery life when compared to a new Iphone.

Itunes used for Iphone updates is actually a benefit. When I had a blackberry I hated the very long over the wire phone updates that tied up the phone for 30 minutes. If there is a Iphone system update it is done while connected to a computer and only takes a minute.

There are way more apps for the iphone that droid apps. Droid will close the gap in a couple years but app advantage still goes to apple.
In 2009 apple = 93,000 and droid = 11,000.
Today apple =350,000 apps and droids = 250,000.

Last year the SHOT show offered a Iphone app that list all exhibitors, there was no droid app. So in general a iphone app is made first because of greater number of users. Maybe this year droid gets a SHOT show app.

Iphone has a new model every two years. Droids have a new model every six months. Either droids are continuously improving or continuously fixing issues,,,, you decide. Just look at the number of HTC droid phones that have been made at http://www.gsmarena.com/htc-phones-45.php. And that is only one company compared to apples iphone 3, 3S, 4, 4S. So your droid phone will quickly be obsolete and you will most likely have to upgrade phones when you need service.

Apple has a different and simple way of opeation (ie, itunes and now Icloud) and droids now use google accounts to mimick what Itunes has been doing for years so Apple must of got it right.

This is getting entertaining, I see an iPhone vs. Droid cage match in the future!

I happen to have a Droid platform, but not because I feel that it's better than the iPhone. I just happen to be with a carrier that doesn't service the iPhone platform. As far as performance goes, I don't think there's anything I would need to do in my day-to-day that either model couldn't handle. Beyond that, it's just a matter of personal preference.

I think the comment in my signature line should double for phones as well...

I moved from a blackberry to a droid but thats because Verizon didnt have the iPhone yet.
I do love my droid alot more than the berry, but i belive the iPhone is a smoother and faster platform.

I also have a fiend of mine that had an iPhone since it was released and just switched to a droid and he says that he likes the droid better but never elaborated on why. I think its what everyone else is saying "more options"

I guess I'm leaning towards the driod at this point. I'm liking the Samsung Galaxy S II.

I just can't seem to find anything that makes me want to pick the iPhone over the droid.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my mind if I find that one feature i can't live without. ;)

It was so much easier when the only basis for our decision was how big of a duffle bag we wanted to lug around.

^^ lol! The iPhone 4s has Siri. Not sure that would be something you'd like as a feature. You basically can ask Siri to text someone for you, call someone, what the weather is and she either does the command or answers back to your question with a voice answer. It takes "hands free" to a whole new level. I find that I rarely use it but it has come in handy several times.

Just about anything you can do on one you can do on the other. I find that droid development is easier and a lot more free apps on the droid, easier to modify, a lot more user support.

The main thing is who is going to be your carrier. AT&T and Sprint are slower here than a two legged dog while Verizon does have 3G. I live a distance from major metropolitan ares.

Droid also has voice recognition. I like the iPad but I also like the droid tablets as well. I am a firm believer in open systems and not locking the user in a box. I too was an IT guy for more than 30 years and have seen many things come and go. I don't use Mac or Windows except at work. If you can name the OS I have probably used it and be an admin of it along the way.

The biggest problem with all these devices, they seem to seem to rob us all of some of out social life just like the game boxes.

Trying to talk to someone and they can't listen while they are texting, blogging, or playing a game.

Excellent tools but wrecking our society.

Back