• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Droid, Iphone, Blackberry Apps.

Nasa, I've got AT&T right now. 3G is pretty common here. 4G not so much.

I had Verizon years ago and feel they probably have better coverage but I had some issues with them and choose not to return.

nasa said:
The biggest problem with all these devices, they seem to seem to rob us all of some of out social life just like the game boxes.

Trying to talk to someone and they can't listen while they are texting, blogging, or playing a game.

Excellent tools but wrecking our society.

I agree.

I have had a long standing rule at my house...no phone at the table. Not even in your pocket. I don't need them sneaking a peek under the table. So my house. My rule. Its a very small sacrifice....so I'd like to just talk to them and not the top of their head.

I finally bit the bullet. My contract is not officially up til April but my BB has been giving me fits lately.

And the winner is.........Droid!! Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. Sorry iPhone lovers, but I just couldn't do it.

Orderred it online from ATT so hoping it will arrive soon.

Nice....If you don't like the stock keyboard try out the Smart Keyboard pro. It's key pad has smaller keys so you can see more of what you're typing. And you can get different colors for it as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed.

I got the shipping notification, it should be here soon.

Edit: AT&T transferred my data plan before the phone even arrived. I now have no email or web on my BB and now droid yet. In the past they never affected my current plan until I activated the new phone. Not happy right now

Got the new phone and got everything activated. All I can say is WOW this thing is fast!!! 4G Rocks!!

I had to reenter all my contacts manually. The old BB didn't provide a way to transfer names out of it's address book.

I'm sure it's not but the phone just seems fragile with that big screen. I orderred an OtterBox Defender case for it as I tend to be rough on phones.

Any app suggestions?

Att doesnt offer anything to back up contacts?

Not sure, moot point now LOL

There is nothing built into the BB to save contacts back to the SIM, at least not that I could find.

There may be something in the desktop software they ship with the phone but it kept causing my PC to crash so I uninstalled it shortly after getting the BB two years ago.

I've used both platforms, and I have to admit the iPhone kool aid tastes good.

I've found droid is more customizable, but not to a degree that I care. And since multiple manufacturers create the hardware for the droid, it's hit or miss if your phone will take the test of time. Of course, when Apple first releases a phone it's typically very buggy (dropped calls because of how you hold it, anyone?) but ends up being smooth and remains quick for its lifetime.

Just throwing my 2 cents into the pot

I have a droid, not because I wanted a droid, but because when I got this piece of s**t Verizon didn't have the iphone yet... I HATE this phone, not to mention Verizon.

This is my forth clone of the phone, luckily this one has lasted about a year now where as the first 3 lasted about 3-5 months. Software issues out the ass, along with Verizon sending me one that was broke before I opened the box. Verizon's customer service is mediocre at best. My current phone freezes constantly along with general slowness.

I've signed up to get a new phone at Best Buy and trade this one in on it. I'm waiting for the iphone 4s to go on sale, and I'll be getting that.

I have a MacBook and love it along with 2 ipods. I'm looking forward to another great product from apple! I'm not really part of the apple cult per-say, however, I've had too many bad experiences with Windows and Droid that have pushed me to products that work. I've had this laptop for 4 years virus free, how many Windows users can say that?

another 2 cents - cha ching

Thanks for the belated input but the commitment has been made. Good or bad, I'm stuck with it now. So far no issues other than I'm not used to charging it every day.

I just got my Otterbox Defender case. This thing looks pretty indestructable.

ripjack13 said:
http://www.nwtf.org/nwtf_newsroom/press_releases.php?id=13706

There's a new ap for us Turkey Hunters. The Turkey Hunting Toolbox. Seems interesting. When I get home I'm going to order it. Then I'll post up a lil report on it. Thoughts on it?

WHat were your impressions on this?

I orderred it as well. There is some good info contained in it.

I also downloaded the Primos phone app. I don't recommend it, it's nothing more than an add for their calls.

I forgot to update here....oops.

I like it. The turkey score card is cool. The range map is ok. The call sounds are ok but useless calling here in CT. But it lets me know how they do it....
i give it 4 stars....

megawatt said:
Phones are like my guns, I treat them like a tool and will exchange them if they give me a problem. I really have no loyalty to any manufacturer. I had a blackberry for three years and have now had a Iphone for three problem free years. At work we constantly compare smartphones in the apple vs droid in features and performance, and now 80% of the workers have iphones. I also use a motorola xoom tablet at home that is a droid. Using the apple system is easier to learn and faster than droids system.

Most new cars are built with a dedicated Iphone connection. My Itouch, Iphone 5 case, and ipods all use the same interface so I can connect any of them to my car for quick charging and playing directly into my car stereo. No need to purchase car chargers or have extra clutter.

Iphones will recharge the battery at the rate of 1% per minute which is handy. How long does it take a droid to recharge. There are many droid models so it would be important to try to know what model of droids (meaning there are cheap introductory droids and there are top of the line droids) your comparing to. In general I would say a high dollar droid can be faster but then you sacrifice battery life when compared to a new Iphone.

Itunes used for Iphone updates is actually a benefit. When I had a blackberry I hated the very long over the wire phone updates that tied up the phone for 30 minutes. If there is a Iphone system update it is done while connected to a computer and only takes a minute.

There are way more apps for the iphone that droid apps. Droid will close the gap in a couple years but app advantage still goes to apple.
In 2009 apple = 93,000 and droid = 11,000.
Today apple =350,000 apps and droids = 250,000.

Last year the SHOT show offered a Iphone app that list all exhibitors, there was no droid app. So in general a iphone app is made first because of greater number of users. Maybe this year droid gets a SHOT show app.

Iphone has a new model every two years. Droids have a new model every six months. Either droids are continuously improving or continuously fixing issues,,,, you decide. Just look at the number of HTC droid phones that have been made at http://www.gsmarena.com/htc-phones-45.php. And that is only one company compared to apples iphone 3, 3S, 4, 4S. So your droid phone will quickly be obsolete and you will most likely have to upgrade phones when you need service.

Apple has a different and simple way of opeation (ie, itunes and now Icloud) and droids now use google accounts to mimick what Itunes has been doing for years so Apple must of got it right.

I like the iPad but I also like the droid tablets as well.

MikeD,

I have a Droid as well. HTC Sensation. Works pretty well but antenna cold be better...signal strength is a bit flaky. And you need to watch how you hold it. Cupping the ends significantly decreases the antenna capability...they call it the death grip symptom.

Other than that it seems to work pretty well. We will be moving to iPhones (or so I'm told...:) ) in Nov. Cincinnati Bell, and particularly one of its managers, are incompetent and liars. That is enough reason for me to leave them.

As for apps, apps r apps. They all work pretty much the same. But one in particular is a godsend...it is an archery app designed by archers. I use it for all outdoor shooting. You tell it 2 sights marks and it figures out all the others. Replaces the notepad I have with page after page of marks. It will also keep scores for you.

Either way you go, iPhone or Droid, they work exceptionally well...

I'm getting a new Casio GzOne Commando 4G LTE tomorrow! I cant wait for 4g!..3g is killing me. Specially when those spammers gave us a run.
Tuesday 7pm It should bein my hands. I ordered as online cuz the waiting instore is lame. I was done in 5 minutes. And my JB & Coke was onhand through out. ;)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/devi ... gzone-c811

It's uses a different sim card, lte I guess, had the same issue with my Samsung and Bell(ATT), but I only waited one day for new phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back