• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Drop-Leg Platforms, Holsters, and Pouches

the lefties I have seen arent universal......last on I saw was from Safariland

I wouldn't mind picking up a left hand holster that would fit full size (5") semi auto's that can be carried on a 2" duty belt.

Being right handed, I would be able to transition to the sidearm much quicker if I could find a good wrong handed holster.

I have a MOLLE holster that is ambidextrous, its either a BlackHawk or a Condor. I don't know it could be used on a dut belt, but it would work well on a vest, battle-belt, or dropleg platform. I'll try to find a pic.

Here's what I've got, its actually from Fox;

https://www.foxoutdoor.com/ItemDetails.aspx?cid=1&ccid=18&cscid=949

ItemViewLR.aspx

And here is a pic on my vest, I used to have it like this for a crossdraw, but have since switched it over to the other side.

100_6831Small.jpg

Thanks guys. Nice to see I'm not the only one. If I find anything I'll be sure to post. I did pick this one up from voodoo tactical for only $9. It fits both my full size XD as well as my walther. Not adjustable but pretty decent universal fit. The pick shows a right hand version but you get the idea.

41C4HQqBMrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The holsters with a magazine pouch on the front are pretty nice. It saves some room on a rig or extra cost from buying another pistol mag pouch

Sorry for the double post but it's the only way I know the reply will get seen.

Oomattoo, I finally spoke with a representative from Condor today on the phone. A little hard to understand but I think that is the fault of the phone as his English was rather acceptable for most modern call services... anyhow. I asked about having a lefty holster being made and the Hydro Harness I want made custom... The answer I was given was... "Everything is shipped to us and we do not and cannot make just ONE or custom make anything. You may want to look into Tactical Tailor or similar company that specializes in that kind of things.... blah blah blah Thank you for your inquiry however."

SO there we have it lol.. I did get told that the Multicam Hydro Harness will be out later this year possibly even out towards the end of summer. So I will just wait :p

Just ordered a (Multi-cam) Condor Tornado Drop-Leg holster.
Ill post up some pictures and what not when I get it :)

Too bad Condor doesn't show any southpaw love or I'd totally consider one especially for the price in ATACS. Sadly they don't.

A friend of mine when he got out gave me a HSGI dump pouch/gas mag bag quite a while back.

p-16418.jpg

I recently found it cleaning out the closet the other day and had forgotten completely about it.
Holds a ton of M4 mags as a dump pouch even though it was originally intended as a gas mask pouch from HSGI which is the way most folk seem to utilize these for. Also it dawned on me it should make a great shotshell pouch. Turns out it will hold 4 25 round boxes for in the field. I'm gonna have to try it next time out. Might be a bit too heavy hanging off your leg with 4 full boxes. I guess I'll find out soon enough. The best part about these pouches are they accomdate a spot to house bayonets. Great for all you 590 guys :D

HSGI makes great bomb proof gear. Don't hesitate if you are offered a great deal on any of their kit.

Itsricmo said:
HSGI is good stuff, a little costly upfront though... My "Mall Ninja Gear" (Condor) doesn't quite match the life long quality of other companies but my gear is a "Working Man's Kit" lol and Condor does actually do some nice stitch work!

Here is a photo or 2 of my new Condor Tactical Tornado (Drop Leg Holster)

The thing is definitely solid, still needs broken in but I love it! Once I get a good pair of pants for my BOB/SHTF it should fill the role well!

Rides great doesn't it!?!

I love mine. Probably would have never bought it had it not been the ONLY holster I could find to fit the MK VII, but I'm glad I did...

It certainly does!! There are better "brands" out there I guess you could say but I don't think you could beat the price of $27 shipped to me! BDS Tactical and various others charge like $75 for a drop leg holster and most only fit medium frame pistols that doesn't include my 1911.... I think this drop leg will outlast me and my use for it! Probably will never be fully broken in with me using it.

I picked up a Blackhawk Sporsters "Concealment" holster today for $22 and open carried around a little bit. The looks you get are amusing but no one has said anything. Got a nice new pair of shorts that are a little heavy in the waistband to give some more support for a holster.

Anyone know if the retention strap is adjustable on the Condor rig? I can't see how it can be adjusted. Just picked one up today for my Jericho 941.

Those condor leg rigs are super adjustable. I could probably make it fit my son when he is born in 2 months haha
I have the Tornado Tactical Holster and love it! (As pictured above)

There are times when you really cannot have enough ammo. It's times like those when I mount my drop leg with 6 M4 magazines on it onto my left leg.

I've never mounted a pistol though. Never needed to. My draw is pretty comfortable from my hip.

you wouldn't be able to describe it would ya Lucas, like where on your leg it was and was it cinched tight ?......when I tried a pistlol on the drop leg I think I didn't have it set up in the right spot and it was floppy so I didn't take to it.
Was it like 3 double mag pouches

Back