• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dudes geeking out at knives, and fixed blades

RedOBXT

.270 WIN
Supporter
I was at my local gun dealer, picking up new 590 today. I noticed the gentleman waiting on me pop out a Benchmade I've never seen before. So I asked him if I could check it out and said "I'll show you mine if you show me yours," and put my CRKT twitch on the table. He let me play with his knife. Within like 45 seconds, five other dudes came over and we all started passing around our EDCs. What can I say? The knife is one of humankinds oldest tool, and we still grunt and whoop over them.

I really really want a Essee fixed blade, not sure if I want the 3 or 4. I have a rat 5

The 4 above is my camping carry, and I have beaten it up nice and good. It cleans up and takes a new edge well. What I don't like is that the back edge is sharpened above the jimping. The one I ordered from Amazon didn't have the sharpened back, but this is what they sent. At first I thought it was cool, but in reality it's just a liability.

I find the 4 to be perfect for backpacking--plenty of knife and any more just adds weight.

The K-Bar has a beefier hilt which is nice, but the stock grips suck. Fortunately there are plenty of affordable micarta grips available, and maybe some wooden ones from Rip, hopefully:).

image.jpeg

Also, you can find great deals on K-Bar.

Last edited:
Esee makes a damn fine blade, I love my Junglas. And here are a few more of my favs from my small collection.

You never knew you needed a knife this big, until you have one.

npBZTgb.jpg

My Applegate / Fairbairn mini covert. Cool, but can't leave the house legally.

uVGHUBW.jpg

One of the best deals in all of the knife world IMO, the Folts minamalist bowie. Holds a good edge, feels SO right in the hand, and an excellent sheath. All for under $25.

I2okYZL.jpg

Couldn't decide, so I bought 'em both. Benchmade mini griptilians in the sheepsfoot blade design. I love this blade shape, and for me it's the perfect size, so one of these two is my EDC blade, every day. Usually the combo edge for cutting packing straps and zip ties at work.

CPbAABv.jpg

Spyderco Delica 4 Emerson opener. Scary sharp, but not at all smooth or fast to open with the thumb hole. BUT, it makes a great bottle opener too. (Full disclosure, that's the biggest reason I bought it LOL)

vkOd7nr.jpg

Last edited:
Dammit mortard, I just ordered a new gun and silencer yesterday, so my budget is in the infrared for ... well, forever. And you have to go and post those knives!

Hmm, that little CRKT is a good deal. I'll just check it out on Amazon. Wait! No! Don't look at any knives on Amazon! Danger, danger, delete shopping app and take the dog for a walk ...

Back