• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Dumb Gun Laws in PA

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
My daughter turned 18 in April. I think she still considers herself a kid but has slowly woke up to changes now that she is legally an adult. Yesterday she was asking me what I thought of the PA Governor. I told her he is an Obama "wanna be" including on guns. The thought popped into her head that she can buy a gun now. I had to tell her that she can buy a long arm but not a hand gun until she is 21. Some places now won't even sell her the long arm. She said, "so I can buy an AR-15 but not a small handgun?...wow this state is screwed up." For the record she thinks she should be able to buy either since she is a legal adult. She did indicate that she will own and carry a hand gun as soon as she can.

The 21 to buy a handgun is federal law.

With that said, when my middle son was 17, he mentioned that he wanted to make an AR15. So, he and a close buddy of his in the ROTC shopped around for what they wanted and I helped both of them build their first upper. As soon as he turned 18 and registered with selective service at the post office, he went straight to town and bought a lower receiver for it.

Mike, thank you for doing a good job raising her.

Unless it has changed MI allowes private purchase of handgun at 18, 21 from FFL.

Sometimes I think all these Federal and State laws are dreamed up to make 'WE' law abiding citizens felons :( Better know where and how to read for sure

I don't even want to talk about NY. We are on the forefront of gun law stupidity. Law abiding Citizens are limited to 7 rounds in their perfectly legal CCW. Do you really think the bad guys are abiding by this??? Our only hope is to make the shots count and up the caliber - .45 ACP baby!!!!

Indiana ... You can get a handgun permit at 18 but can't buy a handgun until you are 21 o_O

TN is sort of the same way. 21 for a HCP or 18 if active duty or honorably discharged from armed forces.

TCA 39-17-1351: Handgun carry permits.
(a) The citizens of this state have a right to keep and bear arms for their common defense; but the general assembly has the power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime.

(b) Except as provided in subsection (r), any resident of Tennessee who is a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident, ...may apply to the department of safety for a handgun carry permit. If the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state pursuant to..., and the applicant otherwise meets all of the requirements of this section, the department shall issue a permit to the applicant; provided:

(1) The applicant is at least twenty-one (21) years of age; or

(2) The applicant is at least eighteen (18) years of age; and

(A) Is an honorably discharged or retired veteran of the United States armed forces or is a member of the United States armed forces on active duty status; and...​

Back