• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

East Ridge 50 BMG Rifle

I picked this up a long time ago and thought you might enjoy seeing it.
It's an East Ridge Shorty in 50 BMG with their tactical setup. It weighs in at 39 Lbs+not counting the Bipod, rear monopod, or the scope.
The scope is a Tasco pro series SS20X42 AO.

It's a shoulder full for sure. My gunsmith had a Vulcan 50 BMG with a laminated stock, and it was a bit heavier on recoil, I could only take 4 or 5 shots with it. It's a hard aluminum framed rifle, so the frame itself doesn't have much weight to it. All the weight is in the barrel, and the muzzle break works well, so there's almost no muzzle jump. It still has a pretty hefty recoil push.
So this one I'll call unpleasantly manageable. After about 6 or 8 shots, I'm ready to pack it away.

I found a deal on gunbroker. I bought 200 rounds for $2.10 per round, and that was with shipping included. The best part is I'll have all the fire formed brass I'll ever need for reloading. The 50 BMG reloading press still eludes me.

Very nice.

There are a lot of reasons why I am not a huge fan of the .50

Price
Weight
I'm a wuss.

Not necessarily in that order.

LOL

Nice. I've always wanted a .50

All of Johns reasons are valid excuses but I still want one, just because I can.

Back