• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Eberlestock Gunslinger II Pack

Looks like it's got plenty of room for your gun(s).

And all the other basic necessities.

Hope you only have to use it for pleasure and not business.

Yes Sir, it does.

I'll put it to use for backpacking trips coming up in the fall and get a good idea of how it carries over terrain. Might pack it back and forth for a few range trips, but I have other bags and cases that are a little simpler for that. When not in use for hiking and such it'll stay packed up with bug-out gear and for that purpose I also hope I'll never have to use it...

Packed up the G2 for a 2 day hiking trip and thought I'd take some pics to give anyone interested an idea of how much crap this thing will hold. Threw the 590A1 in the pic for scale...

The Ontario SP8 fits nicely in the long front pocket for easy access if needed...

Here's a pic of all the stuff I mounted to the outside of the pack for quick access...

• 20 degree rated mummy sleeping bag
  • Thermarest Trail Scout self-inflating sleeping pad (rolled up inside sleeping bag)
  • Snugpak Ionosphere bivy tent
  • MSR Dromedary Bag 6L hydration bladder (fits in the G2 scabbard)
  • Condor H2O Pouch: inside - Camelbak Chute 1L water bottle and three 5 Hour Energy bottles
  • Maxpedition 12"x5" Bottle Holder: inside - Jetboil Flash w/fuel, Fork/Spoon, Small Towel, GSI Outdoor Infinity insulated mug, and three instant coffee packs
  • ThermaCELL w/ extra strips and fuel
  • and of course, the trusty Ontario SP8

Was able to fit a lot more than I thought in the pack's top pouch...

• Snacks - Beef Jerky and a half dozen energy bars
  • Top Row - tooth brush/tooth paste, tooth picks, lip balm, hand sanitizer, Benadryl anti-itch spray, bug spray, wet wipes, and Kleenex
  • Middle Row - compass/thermometer, 100ft utility cord, head lamp, and tent light
  • Bottom Row - pen and trail log, glow sticks, flashlight, extra AA/AAA batteries, and a folded poncho

Fit a lot of stuff in the pack interior and there's plenty of room to spare...

• First Aid/Trauma Kit
  • Fire starting kit
  • Condor H2O Pouch: inside - Katadyn Vario Microfilter water pump w/hoses and attachments
  • Small compressible pillow in stuff sack
  • REI Flex Lite camp chair
  • Food for three days in Ziploc vacuum sealed bag
  • 2 pair extra socks, 1 extra short sleeve shirt, 1 extra long sleeve shirt in Ziploc vacuum sealed bag
  • oh, and can't forget about the toilet paper, also sealed in a plastic bag ;)

I'm amazed at how much room I still have left after putting all this stuff together in the pack...

Looks like you have it all covered LES. Nice rig.

What are you packing for fire power?

Thanks mossy.

The route is on a combination of private and state managed property. The privately owned land is posted "no firearms", mainly to keep hunters out. That being the case I definitely won't be concealing my G21 w/TLR-1 and a few extra mags... ;) ;)

It really is a great pack and built like a tank.

Everything pictured above, including the dromedary bag filled to 5 liters (10 lbs), weighs in at just over 52 lbs. The internal frame does an exceptional job at distributing the weight while the hip belt and chest straps keep the pack from moving much at all. It carries very well...

how many miles in what terrain ?

sweet but you need peanut butter Cliff....you don't even want to know how many peanut butter Cliffs it takes to put out a forest fire

I can never keep the peanut butter ones long enough to take a picture.

We're hiking the Fiery Gizzard trail in Grundy National Forrest about an hour and a half outside of Nashville. It's 12.5 miles over some pretty rocky terrain. Here's some info...

http://alltrails.com/trail/us/tennessee/fiery-gizzard-trail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiery_Gizzard_Trail

The biggest pain in the ass with this trail is all the loose rock and timber rattlers...

lol, peanut butter Cliff is a secret weapon
Sounds like a great place.
Arduous climb to Raven point
"except for a precarious .3 miles horizontal 200 feet vertical (each way) dip into Laurel Branch Gorge across myriad rocks that all seem to move as you step on them."[
52 lbs , rocky, rattle snakes,no gun.....have fun.

live off the water filter and a bottle

2 days? is it 12 miles one way ?

Last edited:
lol, peanut butter Cliff is a secret weapon
Sounds like a great place.
Arduous climb to Raven point
"except for a precarious .3 miles horizontal 200 feet vertical (each way) dip into Laurel Branch Gorge across myriad rocks that all seem to move as you step on them."[
52 lbs , rocky, rattle snakes,no gun.....have fun.

live off the water filter and a bottle

2 days? is it 12 miles one way ?

Yes Sir, it's 12.5 miles end to end.

That particular precarious section of the trail is known as the "fruit bowl" and it is really the only difficult section of the trail. One of my friends from work is putting this trip together for a group of guys from the office. It'll be a mixed group as far as fitness/preparedness goes and one guy is bringing his 10yr old son, so I imagine we'll be crawling along at a snail's pace with frequent stops if we all stick together. We'll start on the Grundy Forrest trailhead side with the intent of camping at the Small Wilds campsite 10 miles in. Good news is that the Raven's Point campsite is right at 5 miles in just in case some members of the group are already spent by the time we get there. I would like to rely only on the filter and bottle, but the creek in the gorge is known for running dry. I can always dump water once we get there if the creek is up. I packed a bunch of crap in the G2 for the review, but the trip isn't until the end of September. I've got plenty of time to go through and shed any unnecessary weight for the trip...

wish I was there, sounds like a good time. I hike for living sometimes......I know 50lbs feels fine for about 5 miles after that it feels like 100 but I don't have he luxury of flat ground much and its usually pushing 100 degrees fahrenheit

By the end of September it should be a lot cooler around here.......I hope.

Gonna wear the pack around between now and then to get used to the weight. I'll make some day trips with the pack loaded up between now 'n then and the nosy neighbors will probably wonder why I'm walking the dogs and mowing the lawn with it strapped to my back. Maybe I should carry a "will work for food" sign to keep it interesting...

Back