• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Endoscopy, anyone? New Toy: "USB Endoscope Camera"

Bobster

.30-06
Endoscopy, anyone? New Toy: "USB Endoscope Camera"

Picked this up off Debay for $16. LINK Took just under 2wks to get to me from China. I bought it to be a bore scope although it is just about .223" dia. (they call it 5.5mm) so I don't think I'll be checking the inside of an AR with it... :( :rolleyes:

Drivers loaded in Win7 once I plugged it in, but it was lacking the "software CD" it was supposed to come with. No biggie, I found a guy on GooTube that bought a larger model to check the inside of the cylinders of his Royal Enfield and he mentioned Windows Movie Maker and it downloaded free from Microsoft. Took a .wmv with it LINK. Of note is WMM wanted to see a microphone before it would take video so I just took a handy mp3 mini-jack audio adapter and plugged it in--problem solved.

Although it won't do .223, it will do larger and I gave it a quick test on the toolbox pistol, a Taurus PT111 Pro 9mm. Yes, I know the gun was loaded but I was sure to keep my finger off the trigger and gun pointed in safe direction (of course...). I was being lazy and didn't feel like unloading it... :oops: :rolleyes:

It is 2M in length so it should be long enough for most rifles. Supposedly waterproof, it might be useful for other purposes. The light intensity is adjusted by a thumb wheel on the USB connector. Too high on the light and there was a little bit of reflection back from the lens. You can see me turning up the brightness in the video.

I think it did a good job for the $, and I will be checking the Winchester 1873 soon and that is the main reason I bought it.

Attachments

• endo1.jpg
    endo1.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 9mmbore.png
    9mmbore.png
    767.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
That's pretty cool. I have a scope (Snap-On, $400+ for checking engine cylinders) but this one looks "cleaner" and gives a better view.

GooTube Channel is Live!

The following link will take you to a gootube "channel" I created to host bore inspection videos with the USB bore scope. There you will find videos of the 9mm above, Winchester 1973 and M1917 "Enfield". Be sure to read the video descriptions for more info. LINK

Looks like it works well.

Pretty neat for under $20.

Very cool. For $16 that's pretty good and worth the cost IMHO

Back