• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

EP Armory Raided by BATF - 80% Lowers

The article raised a valid point.

If the company is not operating outside of regs, then this may have been a play by the BATFE to get their hands on purchasing/shipping records for the 80% lowers...

They've had a battle going with their local city Gov for having an AR15/pro 2A billboard over their business, seems that advertising and 1A rights aren't to be regarded. Me thinks some to-do California politician placed a call with the ATF to get even...

They are expanding as a business and up and running as a business. The did not have poly 80% lowers for sale when I looked earlier but they did have alloy models and much of their recently expanded line on line and for sale.

They released a very positive FB message today.

I'll be curious to see where this goes OR or how well it gets squashed and buried!!!

Betcha anything the powers that be aren't liking how many 80% lowers they're selling and shipping...

I bet someone "anonymously" tipped off the ATF of "possible" wrong-doing (who would then be obligated to check) and furthermore, I think to advance a political agenda and demonize 80% receivers because it is no secret that some California politicians have been trying to create laws against that in hopes that it will "create" media coverage making their own imagined crisis.

Regardless of the outcome, the politicians can hold up the newspaper and say: "See, the ATF raided and confiscated blah blah blah.

As the article says, what a "...knee jerk over reaction..." THAT is. Watch them try for the personal manufacturing of guns next OR make them illegal if not registered.

It never stops and never will - just a game of wack-a-mole with a new front each time!!

With the last Gallup Poll I actually wondered if we might see some politicians shifting positions. Hey, a guy can dream, right!?

someone please enlighten me here, since im still pretty green in the AR world, but why are they sold out of all the 80% lowers, but still have over 200 of the 90% lowers, even though theyre less money.

Who knows?

Also, that does not seem to meet the definition of a 90% lower regardless of the name.

The receiver extension does not appear to be threaded either.

i thought maybe it had to do with the amount, or precision of machining required to complete. i.e an 80% lower can be completed with a dremel tool and file, vs. a 90% lower has to be done on a mill. so what constitutes an 80 or 90 % lower, it appears all that needed to complete their 80% lower is a few drill bits and a deburring tool.

The percentage number is simply supposed to be how much of the lower machining is already completed. Not how easy (physically) it is to complete a lower.

Just FWIW, there were some companies selling (supposedly) 95% lowers many years back and the atf stepped in and stopped that. Said it was "too close" or something along those lines, so it was scaled back to require a little more machining.

As soon as I read "90% lower" my alarm bells went off (not to mention Kalifornia)

I'm thinking about these lowers. When I read the websites forums, I noticed a lot of jerry-rigging. Teflon tape on the buffer tube threading, grinding out the trigger or safety, milling away takedown pin holes. I like the idea of the poly lower but I'm not comfortable with messing with it too much.

For a $60 lower would you do it?

Back