• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ERGO railed forends

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I'm wondering if any used or has experience with the ERGO tri-rail forends vs. the Surefire forend. The Surefire is 2x the cost and I'm attributing this to the indexing.

Any insight?

I too would like to know if anyone has any experience with either the ERGO railed forends or Surefire forends?

This thread is being resurected. More details to come soon.

In the meantime, I went straight to the source and conducted an impromptu phone interview. I spoke with Mr. Steve Hines of Falcon Industies, more commonly known as Ergo.

I was impressed with how much he was able to share and with him taking the time to answer my questions! Good guy, and so far my experience with Ergo from customer service to marketing and management staff has been great and I would be comfortable sending anyone to them!

Firstly here, I wanna mention I have nearly as many posts as Dan.

Secondly, I want to get back to this topic and finish my thought now that I have more time.

I called Falcon Industries and asked to speak to someone in marketing. Mr Hines had no idea I was going to call, and when I got him on the phone and asked him for a few minutes of his time to answer a couple questions regarding the Ergo products, he was happy to oblige.

I explained to him my interest in understanding the differences between the Ergo and Surefire forend. He had absolutely nothing bad to say about Surefire. What he did say is their (Ergo) production process begins with a one piece extrusion which is then machined into what we recognize as the Ergo tri-rail forend. The former design wasnt truly a mil-spec tri-rail. It didnt entirely conform to the mil-spec 1913 code with regard to picatinny rails. The process has recently been retooled including entirely new dies so that a "true" mil-spec 1913 picatinny tri-rail forend is now being produced.

With the new extrusions it allows Falcon Industries to better compete for military sales. New products have been submitted to the military for testing.

Also of note worthiness here is that AIMPRO tactical uses Ergo products extensively.

Bottom line, there is nothing wrong with the Surefire forend. No problems or concerns have come to light and you would be hard pressed to find any issues at all. This all comes from Mr. Hines of Falcon Industries. He attributes the higher cost to indexing, the extra drilling that is done to lighten the forend as much as possible, and the Surefire name, which Mr. Hines pointed out is a reputation Surefire has earned. In fact, Mr. Hines didnt even try to sell me anything...

Thus far, I have tried to obtain the same information from Surefire but they have yet to return my calls or even take my calls with the exception of an answering machine.

As of right now, I would feel very comfortable purchasing from Ergo and wouldnt hesitate to send anyone else to them as well!

After speaking with Mr Hines at length, I will be picking up a few things for review here on Mossberg Owners! Our forum will be among the first to have detailed and documented reviews on a couple different things from Ergo Grips like the tri-rail forend, rail covers, and I'm thinking a set of 1911 grips!

Just got the Ergo railed forend in today!!! Cant wait to get it installed on my 590A1 and get some pics then take it shooting!

Back